The Sleeping Lady

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Canebrake Ca
This is The Sleeping Lady.... From right to left.....Her head with nose pointing up then her breast a little further down is her arms laying on her abdomen.
This is my Front yard, great isn't it. It was called this by the Tubatulabal Tribe. This was used as a marker for plains tribes to meet with them to trade goods. The coastal tribes traded with the Tubatulabal tribe which then traded with plains tribes. This is how plains tribes have sea shells in their garments or ceremonial objects. This tribe is documented to be in this valley for more than 3000 yrs. WOW that's a long time, before Jesus....for those that believe. I plan on posting many different pics of her in many different lights. enjoy.

Attachments

• image1 (2).jpeg
    image1 (2).jpeg
    912.7 KB · Views: 6

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
The Grand Tetons were similarly named. Lots of mountain ranges named after lady parts... :D

Its beautiful and you are very lucky.

I grew up in NJ where (despite its reputation) everything is lush and green and thickly wooded. After 20 years here I am still awed by the mountains that surround Los Angeles after a rain storm washes away the smog. Its so beautiful.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's a good thing I didn't live in those times with my tribe depending me to meet the other tribe to exchange goods at the sleeping lady. I just don't see it!

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
Here we go ... If you start on the right you will see her head and nose, the nose is the small point on the rounded mountain. As you start to go down the mountain (left)the next bump is her breast, then continuing left down the mountain the next bump is her hands. Her hands are laying over her waist and in this pic it's hard to see but you can see her arm coming down the mountain towards you. I will try and get better pics to show it clearer. IMG_0596.jpeg

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
1710776372241.png

Not sure I have the hand right, but its something like this

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't know how true that folklore is, though. One would have to be approaching from the side the picture was taken from in order to see that lady. ??? At any rate,, you're right, Dana, you live in paradise!

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
Well damn, now I see TWO arms:

View attachment 368132
Yes bottom one
I don't know how true that folklore is, though. One would have to be approaching from the side the picture was taken from in order to see that lady. ??? At any rate,, you're right, Dana, you live in paradise!
we also have here about a mile from us, on private property, in a cave, what look like hieroglyphs. There is (if memory serves me correct here) a snake, lizard and goat maybe a deer. If i can locate the photos or get back there I'll take pics again. And yes I hear you on the story I have no way of knowing if it's true either.