Sulcuta tortoise need help

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
The setting up was a lil harder than I expected but i had fun tending to what it needs.

Sometimes we all get so serious about all this that we forget that its supposed to be FUN!

Thanks for reminding me.

Antoni

Hey all, i thought of posting a new thread for raphael but figure ill post here just for further, none critical questions. Hes doing great.. eating twice as much as usual, specially after his soak, he goes straight to the food and munches away..anyway, my question is whether sulcutas are known to swim or not. ive seen different opinions and answers to this. I have but one tortoise and i dont plan to drown him. Is this something i need to wait for him to achieve by a certain size? Or is it just a big no no? Ive seen posts from this site where their sulcutas are swimming. Your thoughts?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Generally sulcatas are not swimming torts. Providing water to drink and soak in is important. Providing water deep enough to swim in is more likely to be a drowning hazard.

Antoni

Generally sulcatas are not swimming torts. Providing water to drink and soak in is important. Providing water deep enough to swim in is more likely to be a drowning hazard.
Yes, i have water for him to drink and a diff dish for soak/toilet :p its a question of curiosity based on infos and other threads here where it shows a sulcuta tortoise swimming. I don't have a dish deep enough to swim or drown in his enclosement.

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
No. Deep water will drown your tortoise. If you saw something about a swimming sulcata it most likely was just a sulcata that really loved to soak itself.