Sulcata health

dcharley

My 2 yr old sulcata has been very listless and not eating. I have noticed a puffiness around all four of his legs. The puffiness is between the upper and lower shell at the base of his legs. Possible fluid buildup? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Getting concerned!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Sounds like edema. There can be many causes.

Is this tortoise housed alone? Is it new to you?

dcharley

Yes he is housed alone. Not new. Just started about a week ago. Any suggestions?

M

Maggie Cummings

If that were a human child would you take him to a doctor? So take the tort to a Vet, has he been urinating? Normal looking urine or white urates?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yes he is housed alone. Not new. Just started about a week ago. Any suggestions?

What do you typically feed him? How is he housed? What are your four temps? Warm side, cool side, basking area, and overnight low? What equipment are you using to achieve these temps? Night heat?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Just started about a week ago. Any other questions that I can answer to help my tortoise thrive ?
What are you using to measure the temperature and humidity levels and where are they located, (top of tank, substrate level?) can you post a picture of your/the tortoise enclosure? Trust me, it helps…