Sulcata Health Issues - Searched Everywhere For Answers, Very Scared!

Karrahi

He just seems puffy if that makes sense like if I pull on his back leg gently his front legs move from it. But he also wasn't using his back legs very often

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Hmmmmm.
Not sure what else to do.
He's probably gone, but they have sunken eyes and stiff limbs when they're dead, rigor mortis.
Have you tried a reaction to the front limbs ?

Karrahi

Hmmmmm.
Not sure what else to do.
He's probably gone, but they have sunken eyes and stiff limbs when they're dead, rigor mortis.
Have you tried a reaction to the front limbs ?

I think it might be kidney issues honestly, I've read the about bloating and symptoms, it's just like his whole body is filled with liquid and moves when I touch any part of him.

This is honestly been the worst. :(

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Maybe, it must be completely horrible, i feel for you, but you did your best, if he had bad internal damage when you got him you were fighting a losing battle.

Bee62

Germany
We have him under his light and he isn't stiff, just kind of limp :(

I have tried CPR by blowing into his mouth and I just don't know what to do

He under his light right now :( View attachment 215432

I don`t know if your little one is dead or alive, but I hope the very best that he lives !
But what I see is a baby tort with a bad pyramided shell what means that he was raised too dry from the beginning on. The dryness causes kidney issues and mayby bladder stones ( urates that became stones because of dehydration ).
He got a RI and that was too much for this little body.
You`ve done the best to him that you can do, but with such a bad rough start this baby is not able to overlive.
But I hope I am wrong.
Please keep us updated with your little one.

Karrahi

I don`t know if your little one is dead or alive, but I hope the very best that he lives !
But what I see is a baby tort with a bad pyramided shell what means that he was raised too dry from the beginning on. The dryness causes kidney issues and mayby bladder stones ( urates that became stones because of dehydration ).
He got a RI and that was too much for this little body.
You`ve done the best to him that you can do, but with such a bad rough start this baby is not able to overlive.
But I hope I am wrong.
Please keep us updated with your little one.

Thank you, I honestly feel like we were fighting an uphill battle and I'm glad, if nothing else, we could give him a fighting chance.

I am waiting at least overnight before we confirm but it's hard :(

Bee62

Germany
Thank you, I honestly feel like we were fighting an uphill battle and I'm glad, if nothing else, we could give him a fighting chance.

I am waiting at least overnight before we confirm but it's hard :(

Some battles can`t be won....:(
But that was not your fault !
My fingers are crossed for the little baby.:tort:

Karrahi

He is the same this morning :(

He is our little baby and I know in my heart we did all we could but it's just not enough to give me some peace right now.

We decided last night we definitely want another tortoise but we will just go to another breeder and maybe get a well started one because we are afraid of the hatchling at this point.

God I feel like my baby died, it's so much more tramamatic then I thought it would be.

Any recommendations for somewhere to find a quality Sulcata would be appreciated - I have checked a lot of rescues in our area and around (Nashville, TN) and there isn't really anything but I will keep checking.

Thank you everyone for your help and advice again. I'm just glad we could give a good shot at life. <3

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

He is our little baby and I know in my heart we did all we could but it's just not enough to give me some peace right now.

We decided last night we definitely want another tortoise but we will just go to another breeder and maybe get a well started one because we are afraid of the hatchling at this point.

God I feel like my baby died, it's so much more tramamatic then I thought it would be.

Any recommendations for somewhere to find a quality Sulcata would be appreciated - I have checked a lot of rescues in our area and around (Nashville, TN) and there isn't really anything but I will keep checking.

Thank you everyone for your help and advice again. I'm just glad we could give a good shot at life. <3

Sorry to read about the loss of your little sully. If you are looking for properly raised, started hatchings, look no further than TortForum member @Lancecham . Hes a well respected sully breeder. Good luck with a new start.

Bee62

Germany

What means: He is the same this morning ? When he is dead he should be stiff. If not he could be still alive but very weak.
I don`t want to torment you, but I am afraid that you might bury a living tort.

Karrahi

What means: He is the same this morning ? When he is dead he should be stiff. If not he could be still alive but very weak.
I don`t want to torment you, but I am afraid that you might bury a living tort.

Oh no, he is stiff, sorry I should have added that.

Karrahi

Sorry to read about the loss of your little sully. If you are looking for properly raised, started hatchings, look no further than TortForum member @Lancecham . Hes a well respected sully breeder. Good luck with a new start.

Thank you
That's very sad. So sorry to hear that:(

Thank you