Subnado's verdict

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Aqua-man was being really difficult with lending me his suit for a pic.....but there is really only one way to describe using two of these machines underwater @ the same time;Superman.JPG

Below is my Beach guy Kevon who has worked for Sunset at the Palms for years, he set Kerry & I up in the best Cabaña on the beach and held the spot each day for us on this trip as well as the one 6 yrs ago so of course we hooked him up w/ a ride! Then Kerry sent him the vid and the pics she took via WhatsApp(The Jamaican app of choice) ....he was very thrilled to be able to show all his friends! How cool is that? We ended up putting all our new friends, 3 couples on them, even Dash, the crazy Albanian from Jersey who doesn't swim. I'm his brother for life now b/c I ensured his safety....what a special person! I had nearly as much fun letting folks try them as I did putting folks in a VR helmet for the first time a few years ago! What a hoot to watch people so thrilled, even Paul the hardazz UK retired Special forces, his beautiful wife declined but HE was impressed!

If you are considering spending the 400 bucks or so to get one and are weighing the pros and the cons, let me help you. BUY IT!

I am 65 with 1/2 normal lung capacity....while still superman, I flag easily.....all the $$ in the bank doesn't help a bit when I'm sucking wind, trying to catch my breath by doing pursed breathing while bobbing in an Ocean off Caye Caulker and in Jamaica a few years ago. These machines, one for each of us are truly a LOT more "machine" with a lot more guts than I thought they would have. We had a "shiny ring couple" (Newlyweds) there for 3 days and he was a distance swimmer and of course we raced! He was a little smaller than my almost 6' & 185lbs of solid, well not so solid self, much younger of course though. Using one machine, he smoked 1st "gear", 2nd "gear" paced him, 3rd gear left him in the dust. Wow. Using two machines together was astonishing and even Michael Phelps couldn't catch you! LOL, I could not stop laughing! Not so much for top speed, though they were a lot faster but it was the power they generated that impressed me. Direction changes are instant and can be forceful if you aren't hanging on or ready to spin! Like riding a Turbo motorcycle for the first time....just a stupid grin on your face!

The ease in which they allowed us to roam the reefs was astonishing. Ability to hold my breath for well over a minute underwater let me truly enjoy using them. The water ballet they will inspire you to perform will rack you back into shape, pronto. Talk about a good stretching~! Kerry while in her mid 50's is in very good cardio-shape and she doesn't need anything like this but neither of us even unpacked our Fins, we just took the masks. Capiche?

I do not post my own pic online, ever.......so you know this has to be pretty cool if I am willing to post myself playing with it for a moment.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
All this is giving me Sea Fever! I live in the hills and rarely get to go to the sea again these days. I will if left alone, spend all day in the ocean.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Those things were such a blast after confirming the revised duel-rack had one trigger for two units(early units only controlled one and you controlled the other with a finger-trigger) I ordered it! Unfortunately, unless you like really cold water(Kryptonite to copd), there's no realistic place to use it around here.....my choice is then...wetsuit? Naw, I always hated those things and if it fails in Deep creek Lake in Western Md or one of the clearer lakes up there, it's gonna really suck for me so I'll pass on that...but....
20230627_170736.jpg

We are using Avelo and going to Fla for 200 bucks total for both of us, yes total as we'll stay with friends/family. The keyword there was Avelo.....specific flight plans but if it works for you.........you'll see. LOL

"your welcome"

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
You should Tom, my guess is you would have a blast because you aren't afraid to have fun.

I have read that for free-divers, it's just not fast enough to -97'. I think max speed is 2.4mps& you guys drop faster than that I think but you check them out and decide.

I got $100 off and bought them separately so I could get $100 off each one! $422w/MD tax ea. duel bracket was 157 delivered. Sometimes with these things, you can bypass Amazon and go straight to the company. I did that with the ebikes and saved a couple of hundred over Amazon.

That setup as shown is around 1000 w/tax (includes the arm stuff and the single bracket for each too) & two together is the max enjoyment, like buying the Platinum version.....

Not a cheap "toy" but I'm good spending on myself now......I love all my kids equally but I don't want my kids spending my money to do cool stuff. I want to spend it doing cool stuff before they see it...and they are all very aware of that! I also realize that after I retire in a year, I won't do this as much.