5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hawaii
Matt, those are some great pics. What your doing is A+

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
Thanks guys! Working with those kids sure makes you look at life a little differently. I don't know what I'd do without them. My wife is a special needs high school teacher, with her Masters in Autism. She's one tough cookie to teach those guys almost all year. It's hard for her sometimes, but I think God knew what he was doing, because I can be pretty tough to live with sometimes, haha!! She has wonderful patience with me. :)

-Matt

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
The world needs more people like you and your wife. Job well done!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Look at all those happy faces! What a great day they all seem to be having.:tort:

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
matt41gb said:
Thanks guys! Working with those kids sure makes you look at life a little differently. I don't know what I'd do without them. My wife is a special needs high school teacher, with her Masters in Autism. She's one tough cookie to teach those guys almost all year. It's hard for her sometimes, but I think God knew what he was doing, because I can be pretty tough to live with sometimes, haha!! She has wonderful patience with me. :)

-Matt

And all my best to you Matt for this, from the other side of the Atlantic !

I know exactly what you've done here, and how much this is appreciated, since our son is Autistic (he has Aspergers Syndrome).

It was thanks to him that I got involved with RF's, since we actually gave him a yearling on his 10'th birthday (wrapped up in a tiny easter egg) :) This RF is now 13 years old and he still takes really good care of it, and all of my other RF's too when needed, although he's now got other interests in his life ( like music :D )

Thanks for sharing Matt !

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
Mike, that's so sweet of you to give him his red-foot in an Easter egg! I bet that he'll never forget that!! There is one girl in the group named Julie, who has Autism. She is so smart and funny. I bet she remembers everything that I said about the tortoises that day. My wife and I always say that if we have a special needs baby, then we'll both be very prepared. :)

-Matt

CJSTorts

5 Year Member
Jacksonville,FL
matt41gb said:

-Matt

Everyone looks so happy. I am also a special education teacher, it can be a hard job, but when they smile like that it makes it all worth it. I would love to do something like this with my students.

Status
Not open for further replies.