Something wrong with her left leg?

Luis Taveras0

This is a very good thought! Early on I tried to suggest that the husk not be used. Luis I would not use any substrate at the moment except damp paper towels. This little one is in very bad shape.
Would you suggest until tuesday that i keep my tort in my 20 gallon terraium with only damo paper towels until tuesday to see?

GingerLove

5 Year Member
I

What do you mean by hair i dont know if that is it the vet said it looked like a cut occured and it got infected after a while

It just looks fuzzy around the butt area. Probably the coconut husk? And Yvonne and I are talking about hair that sometimes can get wrapped around the leg so tightly that you can't see it, but it cuts off circulation. I've heard of this happening to an actual baby's toe once and the parents didn't know why the toe was turning purple. All they had to do was snip off the hair. This might not be the cause, just another idea.

Luis Taveras0

It just looks fuzzy around the butt area. Probably the coconut husk? And Yvonne and I are talking about hair that sometimes can get wrapped around the leg so tightly that you can't see it, but it cuts off circulation. I've heard of this happening to an actual baby's toe once and the parents didn't know why the toe was turning purple. All they had to do was snip off the hair. This might not be the cause, just another idea.
Ohh that might not be it because she was walking around my living room floor earlier

Luis Taveras0

Ok so i made a qurantine area for my tort which she is gonna be staying in for two days until she can go to the vet i have a uvb light giving her sunlight and i have a heat lamp underneath the tank is this good enough?

Attachments

• 20170305_172034.jpg
    20170305_172034.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 15

Luis Taveras0

Ok so i made a qurantine area for my tort which she is gonna be staying in for two days until she can go to the vet i have a uvb light giving her sunlight and i have a heat lamp underneath the tank is this good enough?
I meant heat mat sorry

GingerLove

5 Year Member
I think that is a really good idea. You don't want her on dirt or carpet that could possibly cause more issues to the infected area. Keeping my fingers crossed for your little one!

Luis Taveras0

Ok so heres whats gonna happen they loo around that leg to see if there was something wrapped around it and they didnt find anything they took out dead tissue amd skin from the leg they sent me home with a antibitoic injection that i am supposed to give her for the next 10 days as well with a pain shot and i have to dip her leg in chlorhexiderm concentrate

GingerLove

5 Year Member
You are so good to your rort to keep taking her to the vet. I really hope she gets better after this visit!!

GingerLove

5 Year Member
I'm sorry. :( I know it won't be fun, but just remember it really is best for her. Hang in there!

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Don't worry, it's nothing personal. She's just trying to stop whatever is hurting her, like a defense sort of thing. After this, you'll be able to handle anything!! Ten days... you can do this!! And if you're thinking this might "break the trust", don't worry. I'm pretty sure tortoises and turtles don't hold grudges for long. For instance, offer them some food and she'll become your best friend again. Keep us all updated!
Praying for you and your turtle! (I never had to do anything like you did, but I had a sick baby turtle on my hands once, and I obsessed about him constantly. It was very, very hard to go through and I actually cried a lot. Is she in your room? If it were me, I would move her out of my room so that I would not feel so guilty and nervous the whole time. Having a sick turtle is not easy, we're all wishing you the best!)

Luis Taveras0

This is the medicine that i have to use to soak the swollen leg in for 5 mintues

Attachments

• 20170308_211409.jpg
    20170308_211409.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 9

Luis Taveras0

Did the vet have any idea what's going on with that leg?
They poked around the leg to see if there was any thing wrapped around the leg and didnt find anything but they removed debris from that red spot in the picture earlier and they said its most likely infected but the vet says he thinks its a tumor