Something wrong with her left leg?

Luis Taveras0

Ok guys I just got back from the vet they told me that she has a cut on her leg and that it would have to be disinfected twice a day with a quetip and they gave the tort a inflammatory injection

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Ok guys I just got back from the vet they told me that she has a cut on her leg and that it would have to be disinfected twice a day with a quetip and they gave the tort a inflammatory injection
Phew !
Could have been a lot worse, hopefully she'll be right as rain in a short time.:)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi @Luis Taveraso0 and wishes for your tort to get well soon.

Please keep us updated.

Luis Taveras0

So 2 weeks later nothing has changed her leg is the same and that medicine didn't do anything to reduce the swollen leg I need to go back to that vet

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Could there be a sliver up inside the skin?

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Has her leg been getting any better since the vet visit? It looks still really swollen. You may want to consider going back?

Luis Taveras0

Ok I don't know what this is now I tried to take my tort to the vet but the reptile vet is only there every Tuesday so now I have wait until next Tuesday but it's gotten bad can anybody tell me what this is?

20170305_121215.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There's no telling. could be anything from a hair wrapped around the leg cutting of circulation to an injury to an infection.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
I'm so sorry to hear this. What is the hair near the bottom of the shell? I'm wondering if Yvonne has a good idea about hair being wrapped around the leg cutting off circulation.

Luis Taveras0

I
I'm so sorry to hear this. What is the hair near the bottom of the shell? I'm wondering if Yvonne has a good idea about hair being wrapped around the leg cutting off circulation.
What do you mean by hair i dont know if that is it the vet said it looked like a cut occured and it got infected after a while

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, I'm sorry if I sound a bit miffed, but if the vet said it was caused by a cut, why did you ask us what it is? It's a cut, and it's probably infected.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
This is a very good thought! Early on I tried to suggest that the husk not be used. Luis I would not use any substrate at the moment except damp paper towels. This little one is in very bad shape.