Something sticking out of shell ??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimbledoe

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North Central Washington
I noticed my Russian (about 6 years old female) has a very small, sliver like, piece of shell sticking out. I gently tried to pull on it but it seems to be attached. There is nothing I can find that would of caused this in her habitat. Should I take some nail clippers and cut it off? It is about 1/16th inch long. Very hard, stiff. What should I do??

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It sounds like he's rubbed himself against something while climbing or digging. It's only cosmetic - I assume he doesn't flinch if you touch the shell where it happened.

After half a century, Joe has collected many of these knocks as he scrambles, climbs, digs and barges. His shell has a matt finish now, not shiny :)

Nimbledoe

5 Year Member
North Central Washington
JoesMum said:
It sounds like he's rubbed himself against something while climbing or digging. It's only cosmetic - I assume he doesn't flinch if you touch the shell where it happened.

After half a century, Joe has collected many of these knocks as he scrambles, climbs, digs and barges. His shell has a matt finish now, not shiny :)

No it does not seem to bother her at all when I touch it, or even back when I gently pulled on it. You can tell I am a new tort owner and probably over worry. Thanks for replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.