Sleeping Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

caquino20

5 Year Member
I just bought a 3 month old sulcata and noticed that it likes to sleep a lot, the only time i see it awake is when its eating, after i soak him, take him out for exercise, or basking. Other than that it just finds a corner and falls asleep pretty much the rest of the day. Is that normal for a baby sulcata?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
It is completely normal, babies tend to sleep a lot.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes normal. Even my 15 mo. Old leopard sleeps a lot. Not quite as much as when he was younger.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'd like to know how he's being housed and what your temps are. Also, how was he housed before you got him? What substrate and how often was he soaked?

caquino20

5 Year Member
Tom said:
I'd like to know how he's being housed and what your temps are. Also, how was he housed before you got him? What substrate and how often was he soaked?

I have it in a 4x2 tortoise table the basking area is at 95 and his sleeping area is at 85 i havn't checked the other 2 temps. The person that i bought it from had them outside pretty much all day but brought them in at night under a heat bulb. I am using loose coconut fiber and I soak him at least once a day for 20 mins maybe twice if I have the time

Status
Not open for further replies.