Signs that my female is holding eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharky43

5 Year Member
My female russian is very heavy and very restless but I'm not sure if its because she needs to lay or if it could be something else. If so how should I build her a nesting box ?

abclements

5 Year Member
If she's outside, just till up some ground. Make the soft dirt about 12-18 inches deep and put it in a corner. Make a couple spots like this and just let herbicide which she wants to use.

abclements

5 Year Member
You're going to have to give her a spot that is about a foot deep in her enclosure. Hopefully a couple spots if possible

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
abclements said:
If she's outside, just till up some ground. Make the soft dirt about 12-18 inches deep and put it in a corner. Make a couple spots like this and just let herbicide which she wants to use.

Herbicide is an odd name for a tortoise. Sorry, read that and couldn't let it go.

WillTort2

5 Year Member
I'm sure it was named "Herb" before they found out it is a girl! :) lol

abclements

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Signs that my female is holding eggs

Cowboy_Ken said:
abclements said:

Herbicide is an odd name for a tortoise. Sorry, read that and couldn't let it go.

Hahaha nice catch! I meant "her decide" must have missed the space bar and gotten that in the auto correct!

Greg T

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
League City, TX
Weight is one sign, but watch for abnormal behavior also. When my female was holding eggs while staying indoors during cold weather, she would be up earlier than normal and stay up later while pacing the enclosure. There was no way to allow her to lay indoors, but as soon as I was able to get her back outdoors a few days later, she laid a bunch of eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.