Signs of stress for baby sulcatas

Chris Marron

I just got a baby 1 month old sulcata and he has been sleeping a lot . He walks around and nibbles his food also but I was just wondering if this is all normal for a baby or if I should be worried or if he is stressed?

Kori5

I don't have experience with baby sulcatas but I've read they are pretty demanding. Where are you keeping him, what are your four temperatures and does he have a hide? These are things that need to be right for your baby to grow :). What are you feeding him?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Babies do sleep a lot, but you do want to make sure the temps and humidity is correct first.

Lam

Mine walks around to eat the various grasses and plants I put in there, goes back to his hide and sleep, walks around, sleep, walks around, etc. a lot.

I've caught him falling asleep while feeding on some plants. I've also observed this in puppies and babies. I think it's a baby thing.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I just got a baby 1 month old sulcata and he has been sleeping a lot . He walks around and nibbles his food also but I was just wondering if this is all normal for a baby or if I should be worried or if he is stressed?

Its normal for babies to sleep a lot, but we'd need to know more about how you are housing, heating and lighting this baby, and how it was started by the breeder, to be able to tell you if you have a problem or not.

Sulcata babies are one of the easiest babies to start IF the breeder starts them correctly and the new owner gives them the right conditions.

SKOLsuper

5 Year Member
Essex

SKOLsuper

5 Year Member
Essex
Hi it’s sounds about right lol they need to sleep a lot because they are growing .Make sure you soak in warm water Regular