Sheldon's new outdoor enclosure

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks nice. But you could have included him in the pic, or am I just missing him? If he starts to climb, you could just line the top with a flat board making a over hang. It might only be needed in the corners. You'll have to keep an eye on him and see if he only uses the corners to try and get out. Hopefully he won't try, seeing he can't see the other side.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Just added a extension to my outdoor enclosure for my sully sheldon. Right now he's around 8 inches and I figured he was due for a upgrade. The enclosure is around 900 sqft now. Which hopefully will last him a couple of years.

View attachment 178325
How nice. That is an enclosure alright. Wish I have a yard like that.

Waltumus

Central Florida
Looks nice. But you could have included him in the pic, or am I just missing him? If he starts to climb, you could just line the top with a flat board making a over hang. It might only be needed in the corners. You'll have to keep an eye on him and see if he only uses the corners to try and get out. Hopefully he won't try, seeing he can't see the other side.
He's in there somewhere peak at me. I was considering another layer then adding a flat board on top. Im gonna have to check that out.

Waltumus

Central Florida
That's the first thing I was thinking of when I saw the lovely pic.
St augustine grass is very thick looking so when he stands on his legs he goes down deeper than what it would look. I very rarely see him stand on his back legs with his front legs on the wood trying to peak over. Just to be safe I think I'm going to be adding another layer in the coming weeks.

Razan

5 Year Member
Riverside, CA
St augustine grass is very thick looking so when he stands on his legs he goes down deeper than what it would look. I very rarely see him stand on his back legs with his front legs on the wood trying to peak over. Just to be safe I think I'm going to be adding another layer in the coming weeks.

Another layer just to be safe is a good idea. Everyone thinks a tortoise is slow until it goes missing...

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Another layer just to be safe is a good idea. Everyone thinks a tortoise is slow until it goes missing...
So true: the fact that torts are SO slow makes us think "My tort's is there. He/she cannot escape anywhere.";)

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Yes sometimes i let mine roam outdoor when i am doing planting stuff, and eventhough he probably can go nowhere, he still occasionally make me search for him because he is missing lol. Tortoises are slow and fast, hah? Slow and fast?!? i am dizzy, be right back, gonna take a pill :p:p:p