Several Aldabras Have been Found Dead In A Forest In The UK

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is so sickening sadπŸ˜”
I just looked it up. 7 of them. I bet the idiots couldn't afford them any more nor sell them so they just let them go. Sick F! I hate monsters that do stuff like that. They need to not see the light of day if found!

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Did they determine the circumstances surrounding it? I'm thinking they grew too large and were released into the woods intentionally. Absolute cryin' shame whatever the circumstances.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Did they determine the circumstances surrounding it? I'm thinking they grew too large and were released into the woods intentionally. Absolute cryin' shame whatever the circumstances.
The article I found about them ended with them still investigating. They found them in January, two different times. They showed three of them. They were large but not adults. Maybe 150-200 pounds possibly.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
The article I found about them ended with them still investigating. They found them in January, two different times. They showed three of them. They were large but not adults. Maybe 150-200 pounds possibly.
I gotta imagine they either starved or froze to death. :(

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
That's my guess too. Such a horrible death and only disgusting monsters could do that.
I get really worked up when folks release torts in my area, especially non-brumating species. I went postal on someone for releasing a redfoot down by the river here a few years ago. Thing would stand no chance. I turned it over to a local rescue.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I get really worked up when folks release torts in my area, especially non-brumating species. I went postal on someone for releasing a redfoot down by the river here a few years ago. Thing would stand no chance. I turned it over to a local rescue.
Oh man, I'm not sure I wouldn't end up in jail. Any animal neglect like that and well, I'm sure the people would be hurting, badly.
It's so disgusting and uncalled for. There is always someone that will step in and take the animal. One just has to not be a lazy monster and put the little bit on work in to find that person(s).
I hope they find these monsters. It shouldn't be too hard. I'm sure someone knows who owned them. Not easy keeping 7 large tortoises a secret.

myk

London ontario
πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”
I say it's smugglers, tortoise people know tortoise people, and you would know who has those, too big to hide. Feed,time to get that big,, anyone in the surrounding area would know if you had them, so unfortunately these beautiful animals suffered and died to cruelty of man n greed,,

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Whatever the reason, I want to see the monsters responsible suffer! Both financial and pain. Unfortunately they will probably get a slap on the wrist like most animal abusers/neglect get.

MaNaAk

Southend
It is illegal to import tortoises in this country now. I can't stand to think that here doing my best for Jacky and there are people like this.

Natrah

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
It is such a sad story and with the freezing cold UK temps they have no hope of survival. There appears to be.....Two more dead tortoises have been found by police investigating the deaths of several giant tortoises in woodland.

In another article today we has an alligator snapping turtle found in Cumbria in the North. Its been called
fluffy and was taken to a vet who is keeping it safe to give to a zoo or a private owner.

MaNaAk

Southend
It is such a sad story and with the freezing cold UK temps they have no hope of survival. There appears to be.....Two more dead tortoises have been found by police investigating the deaths of several giant tortoises in woodland.

In another article today we has an alligator snapping turtle found in Cumbria in the North. Its been called
fluffy and was taken to a vet who is keeping it safe to give to a zoo or a private owner.
I have started a thread about this as well. I still get upset when I think of little Daisy (1942 - 2022) so I can't understand how people can do this.

Natrah

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Dear Angie (@zolasmum) and Sue(@MoggyMad),

Have you read this?

Natrah
Yes I’m so sad to hear about it. I echo the comments on here. No excuse for such cruelty 🀬 A zoo or sanctuary somewhere would have helped I’m sure. Unfortunately animal crime doesn’t carry the sentences it deserves.

TigerseyeIcone

Washington
Unfortunately laziness is a follow through...too lazy to care for the animals AND too lazy to find help. πŸ˜ͺ πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”