serious chow time

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyclyde

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Leopold is serious about eating. He attacks his food with urgency, stuffing large mouthfuls down his little gullet while eyeing the next bite. Leopold is a year and a half old, and I feed him four times a day, each time a large handful of greens (dandilions, raddiccio, escarole, chards, greens, and zucchini peels, etc). He eats it all! And he then cruises about his outdoor pen like a boss. Does anyone else have a pig for a leopard tortoise? :)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I have a large male, 13 + inches, ate a whole cactus one time. The cactus wasn't huge, but it wasn't tiny either maybe 20 pads on it. Finished it in about 2 days.

mightyclyde

5 Year Member
California
spikethebest said:
do you have any pics of your leo? he is pyramided at all? how often does he drink and poop?

I have to figure out how to post a pic of Leopold... I'll ask hubby :/

He was a year old when I got him, and he was slightly pyramiding at that time. His new growth has ALL grown out smooth between the tiny pyramids, as I have been soaking him one hour every morning and afternoon.

I catch him drinking water on occasion but only with his bath. (He is not like my Hermann's tortoise who just loves to drink all day long).

Leopold poops most every morning, in LARGE amounts! He's a pooping machine, every morning in his bath ~ I'm constantly changing the water! Personally, I think he's proud of it.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
mightyclyde said:
spikethebest said:
do you have any pics of your leo? he is pyramided at all? how often does he drink and poop?

I have to figure out how to post a pic of Leopold... I'll ask hubby :/

He was a year old when I got him, and he was slightly pyramiding at that time. His new growth has ALL grown out smooth between the tiny pyramids, as I have been soaking him one hour every morning and afternoon.

I catch him drinking water on occasion but only with his bath. (He is not like my Hermann's tortoise who just loves to drink all day long).

Leopold poops most every morning, in LARGE amounts! He's a pooping machine, every morning in his bath ~ I'm constantly changing the water! Personally, I think he's proud of it.

cool thanks for the info. if you email me the pics, i can post them for you...

[email protected]

have you tried feeding your leo Mazuri?

OurZoo

5 Year Member
Glendora, CA
Is it just me? Or does this site just make you feel like a kid again? All the talk about poop and peep brings back fond memories of raising toddlers.:p

Cory - my husband who is the official Poop Picker Upper in our house (his specialties being tortoise, dog, chicken and iguana poop) swears that since we've started feeding Mazuri, the quality of the poop is much better (larger - firmer) - Mazuri, among many other varieties, produces an Iguana feed, which we also use - we've started referring to both types of Mazuri as "horse chow", cuz' our guys are eating like a herd of horses!

Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.