Baby leopard housing... First time owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tysleopardglenn

5 Year Member
Ok so a 125 watt Che on one side a mvb 125/150 watt infared bulb in a double dome on the basking side to alternate between night and day and I got a terra cotta dish for water in there and I grabbed a terra cotta pot I was going to try to cut a hole in and make a humid hide that will go under the CHE? How does all that sound... Still not sold on my substrate but I'm getting there

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Tysleopardglenn said:
Ok so a 125 watt Che on one side a mvb 125/150 watt infared bulb in a double dome on the basking side to alternate between night and day and I got a terra cotta dish for water in there and I grabbed a terra cotta pot I was going to try to cut a hole in and make a humid hide that will go under the CHE? How does all that sound... Still not sold on my substrate but I'm getting there

It all sounds great!! What a lucky tort!!

Oh & regarding the humid hide it is much easier to grab a large Tupperware container of some sort and cut a hole in it and bury the open top part in the substrate. I put moist sphagnum moss in the bottom of my Hide and keep it directly under the CHE. So it is a really warm and humid place for the tort to bed down in for the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.