Self Sufficient

emysbreeder

5 Year Member
John, Was I in Jax.Fl or St.Aug. I moved about 9 years ago. Do you have any pics of your visit? Your emys look great and their mouth color indicates very good health. Dont worry about the male being smaller. The females get bigger. Also what you dont want is a big honk'in male push'in your girl all over the place all year. Big female smaller male works best all around. Males can cause a lot of ware on the females shell and a huge male can stress out her back legs to a point of injury. I always like to see my old babies all grown up. I had a bunch and then some of emys hatch this year. Its the year of the emys emys!! VicView attachment 94427 View attachment 94428 View attachment 94428 View attachment 94428 View attachment 94428 View attachment 94428 View attachment 94426 View attachment 94427 View attachment 94428 View attachment 94427 View attachment 94428

JohnMatthew

10 Year Member!
John, Was I in Jax.Fl or St.Aug. I moved about 9 years ago. Do you have any pics of your visit? Your emys look great and their mouth color indicates very good health. Dont worry about the male being smaller. The females get bigger. Also what you dont want is a big honk'in male push'in your girl all over the place all year. Big female smaller male works best all around. Males can cause a lot of ware on the females shell and a huge male can stress out her back legs to a point of injury. I always like to see my old babies all grown up. I had a bunch and then some of emys hatch this year. Its the year of the emys emys!! VicView attachment 94427 View attachment 94428 View attachment 94428 View attachment 94428 View attachment 94428 View attachment 94428 View attachment 94426 View attachment 94427 View attachment 94428 View attachment 94427 View attachment 94428

Great to hear from you Vic that they are looking good and the info on their sizes. I enjoy them so much as pets I honestly won't be disappointed if they just stay abstinent roommates for life. I do vaguely remember you mentioning taking a look at other properties so my visit must have been shortly before the move. I didn't bring a camera but loved seeing all your animals and how they were set up. I remember the different emys and phayrei sections, that large pool converted for the grandis, a couple cool cyclura - or some type of iguana at least, and that screened in garden pond with the boxies and albino bullfrogs. I congratulate you on a good emys year, they are the best! I only get over to St. Augustine every few years but next time I'll try to get ahold of you. Would love to see the new set ups and shoot the bull for a while.

Take Care,
John