ordered my enclosure plants

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglove4bigtorts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northeastern USA
I am just about done the tortoise paddock!!! I have been working feverishly; preparing the soil, pruning bushes and trees, removing refuse, digging out old stumps and chunks of concrete, enstalling plastic chicken wire over the chain link and securing the inner perimeter with lanscaping ties and cinderblocks, and I ordered the plants yesterday. I have two more sides to finish attatching wire to and some blocks to put around the perimeter and then I am done. The paddock is 20'X21' square and I believe 5' high. I have for the planting:
2 needle palms
1 dwarf palmetto
varigated canna
canna hybrid
2 basjoo banana trees
3 colocasia black magic
1 colocasia gigantea thailand strain
3 colocasia pink china
1 colocasia coffee cups
2 alocasia zebrina
2 colocasia elepaio
some white mulberry
1 yet to be bought black mission fig
and assorted forageing weeds

I will post pix when the planting is done and then repost them, when the plants have grown in, for a before and after affect.....I am giddy with the excitement of how it will all look, when grown in and lush with huge, tropicalesque leaves!

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Sounds like you have been busy! Nice work and I can't wait to see the pictures! What kind of tortoise(s) is this for?

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
sounds like a great MEP heaven. Is it outdoors? I want to redo my sides of my enclosure so i can put taller plants in. Post pictures when its done, ITs always fun looking at MEP enclosures, considering i alway like to steal ideas :)

Status
Not open for further replies.