Sad update on Nikolai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikolai13

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
My Russian tortoise Nikolai, the one that alot of you helped with and prayed for, for unknown reasons but what appears to be from vitamin deficiencies, Nikolai passed away today, i am beyond sad to tell you that, and now i have to go through the stress of where to bury him, moving his body, and if i want another tortoise, but the main concern is how he died, it is thought to be from vitamin deficiencies, i found out from the vet that some of the supplies i used wasn't really what it said it was, such as my bulbs and my powders, they claim to be a UVB bulb or have both Calcium and D, but really it is false advertising, so i plan on writing those companies and telling them the story of Nikolai, the innocent, loved family tortoise that was killed by false advertisement, hoping that they change how they advertise their product or get rid of their product, the tortoise only cost so much, but the love put into him is priceless, thank you all for you love, support and prayers put into Nikolai during his life, goodbye for now...ImageUploadedByTortForum1379101215.596056.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's a very hard thing to lose a treasured animal friend, Mike. I'm so sorry this happened.

So that we all may learn from this experience, will you share brand names with us?

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I am very sorry for your loss.
Big hugs to you!!!!!!!!!!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, I am so very sorry for you. Glad he had such a loving family the short time he was with you.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I am so sorry that your baby died!!!!!
My thoughts are with you.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Mike, this is very important. Did your vet give your tort vitamins? If so, you need to find out what vitamins he gave him and the amounts. The reason why I'm asking is because if vitamins were given, often vets give mega doses of A or D and it results in the death of an animal. You really need to ask your vet about this. It should also be listed on your bill. Then report to us here. There's experts here that can tell you if that could have been the poison that killed your tort. Before you write to the companies of the products you used, do your homework first. Btw, the products names are also useful for members here. Sorry for your loss, but please help others from possibly losing theirs by providing this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.