Questions To Ask When Buying Hatchlings From Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

travisc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
I would think the main thing would be the health of the tortoise. then I would ask the size and what colors they have.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Unfortunately, size and color is your least worries. The important things you should be asking is how are they housing the tortoise, substrate, how many soaks a week, is water available 24/7 diet, humidity, temps, etc. if you mention humidity, and they tell ya they aren't suppose to have humid conditions, depending on the tortoise species and the age, run like the wind and seek out a better breeder. To make all this much more simple. Buy from an active TFO breeder.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Mostly how it was raised, what it's diet is, enclosure status now. If he/she hatched them or is it from a different breeder, if so why are you selling the animal. Size possibly but if its a hatchling all 3 inches or smaller, color not really a huge deal unless you are paying more for an exotic look.

Redfoot Micah

5 Year Member
Central Florida
wellington said:
Unfortunately, size and color is your least worries. The important things you should be asking is how are they housing the tortoise, substrate, how many soaks a week, is water available 24/7 diet, humidity, temps, etc. if you mention humidity, and they tell ya they aren't suppose to have humid conditions, depending on the tortoise species and the age, run like the wind and seek out a better breeder. To make all this much more simple. Buy from an active TFO breeder.

YES, YES, AND YES!!!!! I bought a baby who was hatched in the WRONG environment (no one here)...and...no good came from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.