Pyramiding in my 6 month hermanns

Fujininja

5 Year Member
Hi iv'e just recently gotten my 6 month hermanns tortoise and I think he is pyramiding! I spray him down every day and add water to his enclosure. I also bath him every day and he has hides with moist sphagnum moss. He is currently on a 50/50 coco fiber and topsoil enclosure. Please help I am very worried :(IMG_2298.JPG IMG_2298.JPG IMG_2299.JPG IMG_2300.JPG IMG_2302.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
There's really nothing to be that worried about. Pyramiding isn't going to harm your tortoise or shorten his life.

The growth probably started before you got him. Once it starts, it takes quite a bit more growth before you start to see a leveling off.

Fujininja

5 Year Member
There's really nothing to be that worried about. Pyramiding isn't going to harm your tortoise or shorten his life.

The growth probably started before you got him. Once it starts, it takes quite a bit more growth before you start to see a leveling off.
Oh okay thanks:)

Raymo2477

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eastern, PA, USA
New growth (at scute edges) looks good, you can't change the old growth (in the center), as the tort grows it will become less noticeable.