West Bloomfield MI
It's raining like crazy here today. :D
I cleaned hens and bettuce's cages. They are pretty happy about it. [/align]

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix Arizona
I wouldn't mind a little rain here!

I finally posted pictures of Duma's injuries, I had a couple questions if any of you care to check it out...

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Melly-n-shorty said:

I finally posted pictures of Duma's injuries, I had a couple questions if any of you care to check it out...

We are supposed to get four more days of rain

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
@Mel- I am so, so sorry about Mooch. I teared up a little reading about what a wonderful cat he was and thinking that Rowan's sweet little heart was broken:(.

@Ken-Wow, I loved all your stories about your cat's and especially the "special" one. & Ava is truly gorgeous!

And yay, finally some good news for Ellie who has to have the best mom ever!!

@Kerryann, I love the spray on sunscreen too! I have used it for a couple years now and today was the first day it failed me:(. The kids and I all got sunburned at the beach today, im just going to switch brands. It was 90 and we were exposed for 4 hours so it did have a big job.
Anyway, I am up with a vomiting 6 year old. It's been awhile since anyone's been sick and this came completely out of the blue.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
It's hard to get on TFO when the sun is calling!! But, I'm here now.

Blackhawks just won the Stanley cup, congrats Chicago!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Tomorrow I get to go on a big adventure. I get to go visit Bob err Maggie. My only real concern with the meet-up is she and I are both camera shy and in that we'll both be together, I'm sure the paparazzi will be out in force trying to get pictures for all the tabloids. I'm homing a sulcata she will be taking in. We've got a fun day planned. I'm sure it'll be on E. T. as early as Tuesday night.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
Tomorrow I get to go on a big adventure. I get to go visit Bob err Maggie. My only real concern with the meet-up is she and I are both camera shy and in that we'll both be together, I'm sure the paparazzi will be out in force trying to get pictures for all the tabloids. I'm homing a sulcata she will be taking in. We've got a fun day planned. I'm sure it'll be on E. T. as early as Tuesday night.

OMG, that is exciting! You better have pic's to post, at least of Bob if you two don't want to be photographed.

Tech13

5 Year Member
Melly-n-shorty said:

Poor little Duma! I saw the thread and my heart was heavy thinking what she must have gone thru, but, I think it is wonderful how Duma knew to come back home knowing that you would help her get well! She is such an adorable little one , and lucky to be in your care :)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
We'll be visiting a friend of mines place while I'm down there. I haven't seen him on about five years now, and I figured I'd be 1-2 miles away so I best swing in there as well and see him. His name is Brad and he owns a business call, “Brads World Reptiles". It'll be a fun day all around. Check out Brads website, its the same as the name of His company. He's a fun guy.

Tech13

5 Year Member
I'm sorry I don't have answers for your questions though, I don't have that much experience, but I am learning a little every day (smile) thanks to TFO and all of the good tort-people who help out!

Cowboy_Ken said:
We'll be visiting a friend of mines place while I'm down there. I haven't seen him on about five years now, and I figured I'd be 1-2 miles away so I best swing in there as well and see him. His name is Brad and he owns a business call, “Brads World Reptiles". It'll be a fun day all around. Check out Brads website, its the same as the name of His company. He's a fun guy.

Have a great time! I will check out Brad's site with my youngest son, he has such interest in reptiles. Is it a reptile supply company?

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Tech13 said:
Melly-n-shorty said:

Poor little Duma! I saw the thread and my heart was heavy thinking what she must have gone thru, but, I think it is wonderful how Duma knew to come back home knowing that you would help her get well! She is such an adorable little one , and lucky to be in your care :)

I dont know how lucky she is... I blame myself for the state of her shell :( My husband thinks she came home because she knows me as the food bringer, I like to think she came home because she felt safe in her territory... either way I feel so lucky that we found her after that long... she is so little and really the side of a mountain... it was worse than a needle in a hey stack! when I took her to the vet she had baby maggots but the vet said they probably helped more than anything, because they eat dead and infected flesh... gross right?

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
i just had the worst mental image of you shoving maggots up your nose!!

CtTortoiseMom said:
@Mel- I am so, so sorry about Mooch. I teared up a little reading about what a wonderful cat he was and thinking that Rowan's sweet little heart was broken:(.

@Ken-Wow, I loved all your stories about your cat's and especially the "special" one. & Ava is truly gorgeous!

And yay, finally some good news for Ellie who has to have the best mom ever!!

@Kerryann, I love the spray on sunscreen too! I have used it for a couple years now and today was the first day it failed me:(. The kids and I all got sunburned at the beach today, im just going to switch brands. It was 90 and we were exposed for 4 hours so it did have a big job.
Anyway, I am up with a vomiting 6 year old. It's been awhile since anyone's been sick and this came completely out of the blue.

Hey you! I have missed you. Sounds like you are making the most of your summer! Thank you for your kind words... Mooch really was a big part of our life and Rowan's life. when she wakes up before us she goes into Mooches room and plays with him while she waits for us to get up... this morning I heard her get up and her little feet go down the hall... about 2 minutes later she was in our bed crying her little eyes out again. I dont know what we are going to do... I dont think we could ever have another cat after Mooch but I can tell she is going to want a friend.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Melly-n-shorty said:
i just had the worst mental image of you shoving maggots up your nose!!

That would be on the discovery channel. Tightrope the Grand Canyon…big deal. Look for fly eggs to…ok, I'm done.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Sometimes I'm sure Karen, my wife, wonders how I ended up married to such a wonderful gal. Lol.

And that killed chat?

Tech13

5 Year Member
Melly-n-shorty said:
Tech13 said:
Melly-n-shorty said:

I dont know how lucky she is... I blame myself for the state of her shell :( My husband thinks she came home because she knows me as the food bringer, I like to think she came home because she felt safe in her territory... either way I feel so lucky that we found her after that long... she is so little and really the side of a mountain... it was worse than a needle in a hey stack! when I took her to the vet she had baby maggots but the vet said they probably helped more than anything, because they eat dead and infected flesh... gross right?

Yes...a little gross. But please don't blame yourself, just like the old story says, torts are so persistent! Your little girl just wanted to see whats "out there" and you had only good intentions. We cannot foresee or stop all that can possibly happen. Yes... she was definitely a needle in a haystack and the happy ending is that your prodigal "daughter" is home

Cowboy_Ken said:
Melly-n-shorty said:
Not gross. I do that for my sinus infections!!!!! (Too much?)

Eewwww, really gross, lol!

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Cowboy_Ken said:
Sometimes I'm sure Karen, my wife, wonders how I ended up married to such a wonderful gal. Lol.

And that killed chat?

no i was distracted by an otter pop :D

hahaha! prodigal daughter! Having her come home was like winning the lottery!

Status
Not open for further replies.