Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
This is one of my favorites. Look at the smile on Rodeos face. ImageUploadedByTortForum1372049277.913374.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tech13

5 Year Member
I'm so sorry about Mooch, last summer we lost our 15 year old cat, Rusty. I still miss him and my heart goes out to you and your daughter, it is never easy to say goodbye.

Cowboy_Ken said:
This is one of my favorites. Look at the smile on Rodeos face.

They are so adorable together, that pic is a great capture of the Kodak Moment!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Tech13, welcome to pretend chat 2! Ava has the awkward look of, “but I'm a bad a$$ Doberman! Is this cat really doing this to me?"

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Cowboy_Ken said:
This is one of my favorites. Look at the smile on Rodeos face.

aww, Rodeo loves Ava! I love happy kitty cheeks! Rodeo is a really cute cat.

Rowan's photo book of mooch should be here before we get back from my sisters wedding next sunday.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Cowboy_Ken said:
Melly-n-shorty said:
You're a wonderful, thoughtful, mom.

I cry every time I think of Mooch and I cry every time I think of the look on her face when I told her he was gone... He was such a big part of the family. She would color in the great room and he would always sleep next to her with at least one paw touching her while she colored. If she moved out of reach he would move closer. For halloween 2011 she wanted to be Mooch so I made her a Mooch costume.

65950_1353723177605_6826481_n_zps34ac2388.jpg~original

71938_1353722537589_8037502_n_zpsc9ac1cd8.jpg~original

Tech13

5 Year Member
Cowboy_Ken said:
Tech13, welcome to pretend chat 2! Ava has the awkward look of, “but I'm a bad a$$ Doberman! Is this cat really doing this to me?"

Lol, Rusty always did whatever he wanted and with clear expectation that our dogs would have to just "deal" with it. Luke, our shepherd/border collie mix, was an Alpha...but only when Rusty wasn't around :) Luke died two years before Rusty, he was 16, I miss him too! I guess I need to put together a photo book of each of them also...great idea, thanks

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Karen was bummed when I mentioned Rodeo is 11. She's a vet and deals with reality. Not me. I was 16 when Eloise passed and she was 2 when I was born. I think the best gift one can give is a tortoise for all time. Most of our friends are young, (because we're cool old people) and I can't wait for them to pop out kids so I can gift the youngun with a life long companion.

Tech13

5 Year Member
My last post didn't look right once I posted it, the grin was for the sentence before it, with Rusty being the true alpha, and not the sentence after. Well, it is 2:27 AM here, and I need to be up by 7, so I better get a few zzzz's. I tried to chat earlier, but it was "Mom...." Or, "Donna...." Then catch up on all of the things I put off this weekend for the "Carlisle All-GM Nationals" and from entertaining friends, family, and the neighborhood children. Goodni...I mean good morning

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Night Donna…

Errr, morning…

We're at 62f with a dew point of 61. So our humidity is 93. It's very warm and humid to us right now.

Tech13

5 Year Member
Cowboy_Ken said:
Karen was bummed when I mentioned Rodeo is 11. She's a vet and deals with reality. Not me. I was 16 when Eloise passed and she was 2 when I was born. I think the best gift one can give is a tortoise for all time. Most of our friends are young, (because we're cool old people) and I can't wait for them to pop out kids so I can gift the youngun with a life long companion.

Ok, I just saw this and had to respond.... We chose Tech the tortoise for my 9 year old son, for that very reason. His little heart broke when we lost Luke and then Rusty. We still have our dear black lab mix Audrey, but he still wanted a new addition and months after meeting and being fascinated by a turtle passing thru his grandparents' yard, we decided that a Chelonian friend with a long lifespan would be great for him! ( so when I say "my tortoise", I really should say, "my Son's tortoise")

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I so wish I still had my chelonian friend that was always there, steadfast and unyielding, when I was growing up. His life though, has provided life for pert near 30 tortoises now. Popeye would be proud of what he started.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
So update on Ellie's eye: Looking slightly better but still not healed fully. Didn't ask about the bloodwork since still waiting to see if the past vet has it on file for comparison. She's due back for yet another recheck on Thursday and hoping it's Better enough to not be costing me $100 a week >.>

Thunderstorms here today so my other boy dogs are panicked over that. If it's not one thing it's another!

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
We took Mooch to the pet crematory this morning, we should be able to bring him home in a few days (hopfuly before we leave for my sisters wedding).

Rosie, thats good news that Ellie's eye is looking better! Thats a stop in the right direction. She is lucky to have you.

I hope everyone is having a good afternoon!

Status
Not open for further replies.