Pretend Chat 2.14

M

Maggie Cummings

Old with real Chevy parts.....
@Grandpa Turtle 144 I have been driving this same car since 1989. I put 250K on the first engine....old enough for you?
pvufEDVd1PNH6IV4p8Doa0ReF_-14Twf6nqQwdUaO5jcCzR2mNboiFgA7NuHG5JZAgOSyYHlQU3FsKKxCEVVY0g0us8fU-1l3ba6NfNTmsSEnOo3cP0Zb1WmD2-HtY7vY1D_C1QTZoFB8Z-t_81Uk90Hwf3iAVbmogdy6umDmrtd0MRe7nJ0dd0gvH8UWRSfcE-gsGvV1YjQfuj6Sgukh6TA0ioZAiknw2t0zrLqvE_bywHcUfqLq6P4uxUz1Suj7rNYIVWsk21oayP4esbuD2KK3WUniLtUYp8VSFteZ2D8FwfFWGTTUj539DO8dXwaMaAK5k4FLF3rPbFijPc9f9Wg-qYIynEPQa_TcGaGSMZdf7J1pP7hqkQ6vrEx4S3Nn9doa0juJsg0s-yRnL2MciLN705AIZYCn9mn2qvSjC0cQWBQ2gQJf3iE6saRZNJIkzhKdHS7Wn6O92dYyKmOntZ4RhrwuiepzItpcuEm-XuWeSz2dIzVZh-WdtZ5I0iOeSsFTwGx7viXNItL0t1ozhyPe3shK0A0NyrRmqPv-6fci6UvAq-bWOSBhe6I9cOy2JHR=w844-h633-no

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Another sunny (but cold) day here in Central Calif. Today I'm going to TRY to get busy on cleaning up this pit I'm living in.

You've all heard of the crazy cat lady? Well, one look in my kitchen tells you that I must be the crazy tortoise lady:

kitchen a.jpg

That's actually a picture of my kitchen table. And just to the left of the kitchen? The laundry room:

kitchen b.jpg

Every year I strive for no indoor habitats. I've really missed my goal this winter.

Ok, now let's all get our thinking caps on and try to figure out how to get my new leopard rescue to Texas. Ordinarily I don't adopt out of my geographical area, because I like to do a yard inspection. However, Elohi has "grown up" here on the Forum, and we've all seen what good care she gives her leopard tortoises. Well, she wants my new male leopard rescue. I don't ship. So how can we get this tortoise from California to Texas? My son will be coming from DWF in March, but he's flying, so that lets him out. Can we do this?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Speaking of my new male leopard rescue, he hasn't moved ever since I took him in. He's really stressed out.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
It did at the time when I needed the first job. But from there it stopped feeling gratifying. And it's like everything I did was expected because I'm "joes daughter" so I must be a great worker. I feel like people never looked at me for who I am there.

That's the drawback many kids of bosses/celebrities. It's like you live in their shadow. I, for one, no matter how rich and famous or position in life, treat people for who they are. Unfortunately, many have a "higher than thou" attitude. However, ones who want to be treated for who they are, usually are unique people. I that you're such a person (cause you own reptiles, LOL)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Another sunny (but cold) day here in Central Calif. Today I'm going to TRY to get busy on cleaning up this pit I'm living in.

You've all heard of the crazy cat lady? Well, one look in my kitchen tells you that I must be the crazy tortoise lady:

View attachment 164307

That's actually a picture of my kitchen table. And just to the left of the kitchen? The laundry room:

View attachment 164308

Every year I strive for no indoor habitats. I've really missed my goal this winter.

Ok, now let's all get our thinking caps on and try to figure out how to get my new leopard rescue to Texas. Ordinarily I don't adopt out of my geographical area, because I like to do a yard inspection. However, Elohi has "grown up" here on the Forum, and we've all seen what good care she gives her leopard tortoises. Well, she wants my new male leopard rescue. I don't ship. So how can we get this tortoise from California to Texas? My son will be coming from DWF in March, but he's flying, so that lets him out. Can we do this?

Is it possible to have the Leo go back to TX by flight when your son leaves? It's just a thought.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
That's the drawback many kids of bosses/celebrities. It's like you live in their shadow. I, for one, no matter how rich and famous or position in life, treat people for who they are. Unfortunately, many have a "higher than thou" attitude. However, ones who want to be treated for who they are, usually are unique people. I that you're such a person (cause you own reptiles, LOL)
I treat rich people differently they give you nice stuff

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

View attachment 164307

View attachment 164308

I really hope this guy makes it to Texas!!

M

Maggie Cummings

View attachment 164307

View attachment 164308

Huh! I spent 3 days maybe 2 ,cleaning her house and she calls it a pit. I'm basically speechless.....

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I'm a little scared I think they're going to use my fistula for my dialysis treatment for the first time tomorrow. they poke you with big needles. I need a new kidney
I have a friend who got started on dialysis a few months ago. Like anything new, it takes getting used to, but now he says it's no big deal: just another part of Life. He says some people even NAP while they're on the dialysis machine!! :) Our friend is eligible for a transplant kidney, and his brother is being evaluated as a possible donor.

Wishing you a speedy and smooth adjustment to this next chapter!

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Congrats grandpa! How many times over is that?
My mom told me last month she has given up hope on getting grandbabies from me because I'm 'almost too old'. I think I told her 'no babies' from around the same time I know where they came from in until current times.