Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Well, no wind machines on the orange groves last night, and just a light dusting of frost on the grass this a.m. But still too cold for me to leave the nice, warm wood stove!

Because of Jacqui and her pork roast, I had to fire up the crock pot and I over-nighted some pork to have for lunch today.

Once I can get my act together, and after I've fed and cleaned up after the animals, I've got to bring a few wheelbarrow loads of wood up to the front porch. I'm about out. Yesterday I took the Weedeater to the Russian tortoise yard. I had noticed that there was a ton of filaree trying to grow, but the tall grass was shading it too much. It's really too bad the Russians hibernate during this time of plenty. So many good weeds for them to eat, but they're nowhere to be found!

My lawn mower is finicky. It will only run on real fresh gas. So if I have gas in the tank that's been there for a couple weeks, I have to drain it all out, go to the station and buy some new gas. If I try to run it with the old gas it lopes...that is, it sounds like a horse galloping instead of a nice, steady hum.

After Christmas I'm going to buy some corral boards and re-do the box turtle yard's fences. Right now it's grape stakes, and I like the looks of it, but it's sort of falling apart and I sometimes have an escapee. Oh boy! A project.

I guess I've dilly dallied here long enough. Time to get dressed and go out and brave the cold, cruel world.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
*wondering how Yvonne is doing facing that cold cruel world* :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
*wondering how Yvonne is doing facing that cold cruel world* :D

She couldn't take it. One look outside and she quickly shut the door and came back in. I'm going to wait until the sun has been shining for a bit before I brave it again.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
It's in the 50 'S and rainy here in the little town of New Caney . I've been out in the cold cruel world since 5:30 am .

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I love lasagna! I love love love love love love love love love love love love 1 more, love lasagna

My sister and nephew who drove in at midnight just had some breakfast!
They both had seconds, so I guess it was good!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I love the holidays!!
I like it a bit more this year because so far all my shopping has been from Amazon! I'm so addicted right now!
Wrapping not so much! I usually pop open a bottle of champagne and put on x-mas music to get me through it.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
In general

In years past, the calendars have been for sale into the new year. If the 'store' is still open, I'd assume they're still for sale. The deadline for the initial order is usually so that they get out in time for Christmas.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
There is this strange thing in our sky! I think it might be what some of you call the sun.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I love the holidays!!
I like it a bit more this year because so far all my shopping has been from Amazon! I'm so addicted right now!
Wrapping not so much! I usually pop open a bottle of champagne and put on x-mas music to get me through it.

Champagne another thing I have yet to experience. :rolleyes:

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I didn't know you've been to Yvonne's? I enjoyed my visit.

Jeff and I stopped there once. (Jeff has been back). I came on a very sad day for Yvonne. I enjoyed my quick visit too.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Jeff and I stopped there once. (Jeff has been back). I came on a very sad day for Yvonne. I enjoyed my quick visit too.

She is awesome! She does more work in her yard in a day than I can do in a week.
I just wished she lived closer to others so she can get more help with the bigger projects.