Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Not looking forward to what it might be like outside. Early evening I fed the outside cats, even though few ventured out. I brought in the new bags of cat and dog food from the pickup. At that time I could barely get the door or the bed cover opened. The truck was ice covered and it was sleeting pretty heavily at the time. I had taken out my two more adventurous Chihuahuas and I found both safely tucked by the front door waiting to get back in side. Good news is the power stayed on. Bad news is missed Thanksgiving dinner.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
18587_10153100808052819_4464410058610579501_n.png

So Gillian are you okay today?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

This picture reminds me of my pet tom Turkey a few years back. He had a hatred for all things red. My ex had a red flannel shirt that just drove the turkey crazy. He would chase and attack the ex for wearing it. Finally I had it hanging on the line to dry one day and the turkey ripped it down and just went to town on it until it was a rag.

Our rototiller was also red. Even when running, he would go after it. When we needed to use the tiller, I had to be put on turkey duty and keep him away.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My Mom use to tell about how my Grandfather (father's side) had this big old tom turkey. He would attack anybody who dared get out of a car or even go outside. My Grandfather thought it was hilarious. Then one day the tom decided he no longer liked my Grandfather either and attacked him. Let's just say turkey was on the supper menu that night.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
... Good news is the power stayed on. Bad news is missed Thanksgiving dinner.

Aw heck. Sorry to hear that.

This picture reminds me of my pet tom Turkey a few years back. He had a hatred for all things red. My ex had a red flannel shirt that just drove the turkey crazy. He would chase and attack the ex for wearing it. Finally I had it hanging on the line to dry one day and the turkey ripped it down and just went to town on it until it was a rag.

Our rototiller was also red. Even when running, he would go after it. When we needed to use the tiller, I had to be put on turkey duty and keep him away.

We've had a couple of turkeys at different times in our lifetime. One was a bronze and the other a white. Both were toms and grew up to be very overweight. But they never were aggressive. The aggressive bird was Baby Huey, a Grey Toulouse goose.

Good morning everyone! Did you all go to Black Friday and get trampled? I'll be going into town on my regular Friday errand run, but the stores I go to usually don't get too crowded.

We had another hard freeze last night. My banana trees that I was so proud of are all limp and black. One of my outside cats has learned that if she follows me while I'm making my evening rounds she can sleep overnight in the Aldabran shed if she gets in there before I close the door. I've put up a cat bed on the shelf in there. Another one used to sleep on top of the aviary, but now that it's gone, I've made a bed for her on top of the Manouria shed. I tipped a crate on its side and put blankets in there. She seems to like it ok. I feel sorry for the outside animals when it gets that cold at night.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My turkey was nice, as long as you did not have red on. ;) He got fat and then his feet became a bit crippled up. In his youth, he and his siblings would fly at night up on top of the house to roost.

We had a trio of geese that were a bit on the nasty side. They liked to hiss and bite.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
it's too cold here in California. I'm out (drops mic)

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I'm going to guess and say that a Tom Turkey is a male Turkey correct?

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
is that a official designation or a farmer colloquial?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sounds like I might get to see Jeff for a few minutes either Sat night before work or Sunday after work, as he does a drive by for his drugs. :<3: