plants for Tort table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehopkins12

5 Year Member
Hello, I recently built a tortoise table, which you can look at in my thread, but right now its pretty boring. I was wanting to plant some stuff inside it, any suggestions?

Floof

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Maybe some broad-leaf "food" plants? I know you can get some nice seed mixes from Carolina pet supply and similar places... Those you might have to put into several pans, though, so you can change them out when the plants get trampled. =P

Good luck. I'm definitely keeping an eye on this thread... I want to plant my tort's table, too. =D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
In my personal opinion, grass would not be a good idea in a Russian pen, either indoors or out. Grass grows too fast, and the tortoise will only nibble on a bit of it. They much prefer broad-leafed plants. The grass would soon over grow the habitat, especially an invasive grass such as Bermuda. You would be pulling or "mowing" it all the time to keep it under control.

Clover, dichondra, any vegetable seed are all good choices...lamb's quarter, shepherd's purse, plantain, anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.