Pied Brazilian Redfoot?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't understand the "pied." Do you mean the white skin on his neck?

Onidara

Yes, if you want a better example Google pied snakes and you will see a lot of them

Onidara

He's his wife of 12 years, she is 24 years old and 12.5 inches, He is 19 years old and 8.5 inchesImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489716537.254237.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489716548.818779.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489716558.390166.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489716567.544623.jpg

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Holy moly, he's ALL tail. At 19 he's just a little guy, huh? I don't have any cherry heads so I'm used to my 13lb male. His leg scales are beautiful.
Agree..............

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
The smaller one is the pied (hopefully)
What do you know about his history, is he wild caught, how do you know he's 19yrs old.

@cdmay I didn't think that Brazilian males got the wasp waist band. It could just be the photo, but it looks like the shape of a northern male:confused:. Do you have any mature male Brazilians you can show us please?

Onidara

They have been in the states for 12 years, only one owner other then me. He is a Brazilian, I know my red foot zone markers. I'll put more pictures up, before they were raised apart from each other in South America. They came together when they were brought to a show in the states 12 years ago and they have never left the guys side before me, so they shouldn't be related to anyone in the states really.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
That female is a beaut! On top of the shape of his carapace it seems quite light compared to most Brazilians. Interesting pair!

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
What do you know about his history, is he wild caught, how do you know he's 19yrs old.

@cdmay I didn't think that Brazilian males got the wasp waist band. It could just be the photo, but it looks like the shape of a northern male:confused:. Do you have any mature male Brazilians you can show us please?

Here are two of my males. This first one I've kept for 17 years.
DSCN5993_zpsuwivvkit.jpg

This male was raised by a friend and he's around 6 or 7 years old (I think)
DSCN5997_zpsde9hm7vs.jpg

It's not that the Brazilians have a constricted waist as the Northern types do, but rather its that the older males develop flaring to the rear and sometimes front marginal scutes.
This creates a distinctive look, but not really a 'wasp waist'.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Got ya. That would make sense. Do the Brazilians plastrons concave as severe as the northerns do?