Parrot people?

Careym13

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Virginia
Any other crazy parrot people on this forum? If so, what kind of parrots do you have? I've got Amazons, a few Macaws, Conures, several different African species and 2 Rose breasted cockatoos. Oh, and 2 Indian Ringnecks, can't leave them out!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I used to have Brotogeris jugularis, but the last one kicked the bucket a couple years ago. Then I took in a rescue blue crowned conure. I had him for a couple years and just recently had to have him euthanized. He was pretty old and was having trouble breathing due to a growth in his trachea. I'd like to rescue another hook bill, however, my life span is reaching the end, so I don't want to take on any more animals at this time.

NicoleB26

5 Year Member
Rome, OH
I have a goffin cockatoo named peaches. He just learned I say "I love u"! He's been professing his love to everyone lol

NicoleB26

5 Year Member
Rome, OH
The rose breasted cockatoos are beautiful!! If I were to get another bird (which I'm not :)) it would be one of those.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Rosie's are awesome for sure! Although I love all parrots, Rosie's are the only cockatoo I would own on purpose...lol :p

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I used to have Brotogeris jugularis, but the last one kicked the bucket a couple years ago. Then I took in a rescue blue crowned conure. I had him for a couple years and just recently had to have him euthanized. He was pretty old and was having trouble breathing due to a growth in his trachea. I'd like to rescue another hook bill, however, my life span is reaching the end, so I don't want to take on any more animals at this time.
Not true Yvonne. Not True..........

You and I and my wife will have many place to go and many Torts to visit. So have another Parrot. :):):<3::<3:;);)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Dose the Love Bird and Parakeet count??

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Of course! I had two rescue budgies for a time. Now they live with a friend and her flock of budgies in a big flight cage.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Any other crazy parrot people on this forum?

OOH!!! OOH!!! ME! ME!

I'm a crazy parrot person. I work with all sorts of birds. I have a double yellow head, a harlequin macaw, and a medium sulphur crested cockatoo at the ranch where I work. I have a Mexican Red Head that lives at home with me, and I just bought a Jardine's parrot last week.

Jardine's are the best parrots ever. I raised and trained them all. Been wanting my own since 1990 when I first saw them, and finally got around to making it happen last week.

Here's my red head last year when I first got her. Had to finish hand feeding. She is now an amazing flyer. Straight up. Straight down. Corners and mid air direction changes and stops... Great fun!
2rg0x12.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Don't know why that came through upside down. Sorry.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
i didn't even want the one I have My boyfriend brought him home but I'm glad he did!! How many do u have?
My Quaker parrot just died about a month or so ago. Around 28 years old. I have had parakeets, cockatiel, conures and then the Quaker.