Parrot people?

Careym13

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Virginia

What an awesome assortment of Love birds!!! I really like your lutino Parakeets too!!!

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
The Bourkes are such wonderful little birds, my mom has two..."Rosie Bourkes" I believe they are called? The pink ones?

Yes. They are rosy bourkes. Mine have had blue bred back into them.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I was a parrot person until I married a non parrot person...Lol

My husband knows that if he leaves me a widow I'll be replacing him with the bird I gave up for him. Savannah. She was my green winged macaw. Omar from SoCal's Omars Exotic Birds chain stores bought her off me. She'd be easy enough to track down.

I had other birds, too. A male Indian ringneck, a male sun conure and another female green winged macaw but Savannah was my heart bird.
Troubled macaws were my favorite. (Boy oh boy did Savannah start that way!) Whenever someone had a large macaw with biting issues, I'd be the only one that could handle it.

...yep, definitely miss the birds.

I'll go back into the bleachers and continue to enjoy your stories and photos. :cool:

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
I was a parrot person until I married a non parrot person...Lol

My husband knows that if he leaves me a widow I'll be replacing him with the bird I gave up for him. Savannah. She was my green winged macaw. Omar from SoCal's Omars Exotic Birds chain stores bought her off me. She'd be easy enough to track down.

I had other birds, too. A male Indian ringneck, a male sun conure and another female green winged macaw but Savannah was my heart bird.
Troubled macaws were my favorite. (Boy oh boy did Savannah start that way!) Whenever someone had a large macaw with biting issues, I'd be the only one that could handle it.

...yep, definitely miss the birds.

I'll go back into the bleachers and continue to enjoy your stories and photos. :cool:

Oh man...I don't know if I could give up any animals for a human...thats a tough one. Thats probably why I'll be an old crazy bird lady (and now tortoise lady) all by myself with my animals...lol. Fortunately my family is full of bird people. Currently I'm the only crazy tortoise person though...they all think I'm weird and obsessive about the torts...I'm hoping that'll change with time. It would be nice to have someone who wants to help me with their care...but for now I'm on my own :(

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Oh man...I don't know if I could give up any animals for a human...thats a tough one. Thats probably why I'll be an old crazy bird lady (and now tortoise lady) all by myself with my animals...lol. Fortunately my family is full of bird people. Currently I'm the only crazy tortoise person though...they all think I'm weird and obsessive about the torts...I'm hoping that'll change with time. It would be nice to have someone who wants to help me with their care...but for now I'm on my own :(
Hi. Sorry to say this but animals can sometimes be more LOYAL than human beings.

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
I currently own one congo african grey parrot, wonderful, amazingly smart bird, love so much. I plan on getting another CAG in the future. :<3:

Harry65

5 Year Member
Yes! We are also parrot people..Presently owned by two
BG's & a sulfur crested. Everytime the phone rings..the macaws will be the first one to say "hello". macaw.JPGmacaw1.JPG

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Good thread!
I had a Congo African Grey that died of kidney failure, after I had her for 17 years. She died 8 years ago.

Last week, I put a deposit on a Timneh Grey at Old World Aviaries, in Tx. Scott Lewis is considered to be an excellent breeder.

Looking forward to having another parrot.