Outdoor Enclosures!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Miami, Florida
lori12386 said:
Awesome. Thats a good idea. So you just buried one board deep? It doesnt rot?

It does rot, unfortunately, but yes its buried one board deep. It lasts about 5 years, and then you have to replace the boards. What size enclosure are you doing? If its small, I would use marine decking board underground. Its this grey plastic board that will never rot. The only fall-back is its twice as expensive, if not more, but if your doing a small enclosure, it would be better in the long run. However, anything you make out of wood won't last forever.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
[/quote]

It does rot, unfortunately, but yes its buried one board deep. It lasts about 5 years, and then you have to replace the boards. What size enclosure are you doing? If its small, I would use marine decking board underground. Its this grey plastic board that will never rot. The only fall-back is its twice as expensive, if not more, but if your doing a small enclosure, it would be better in the long run. However, anything you make out of wood won't last forever.
[/quote]

Well, i have a pretty big yard. Which eventually they will get full roam. Its already fenced in, But depending on if they end up being diggers i will have to figure that out... LOL. For now i want to do like a 10x20 or something around that size. First i was looking at concrete cinder blocks..But now i am leaning towards wood. I also thought about rabbit fencing....I do work at lowes so that helps. But i cant spend a lot of money on it, but i want it to be pretty...lol. The hardest part will be digging into the strongly rooted grass!

20130110_124652-1-1.jpg Currently they play in a raised garden bed....

Last edited by a moderator:

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
There was one guy built a big peanut shaped enclosure for his sulcata out of landscpeing blocks. It looked really cool and the torts went round and round never finding a corner

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Zamric said:
There was one guy built a big peanut shaped enclosure for his sulcata out of landscpeing blocks. It looked really cool and the torts went round and round never finding a corner

Haha. Thats cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.