Outdoor Enclosures!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
Hi,
I was wondering what everyone's outdoor enclosures looked like? I want to start working on mine here soon and i need some ideas. My three have a little 4ft round one right now they go out and play in. I plan on making a large one here soon though. I would love to see pictures!!!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Heres a good one of WalkingRocks enclosure. Its a little High maintenance, but I dont mind;)

IMG_0669.jpg

saberfire06

5 Year Member
Hampton, VA
I've seen a lot of awesome pics of Walkingrock on the forum and I've always wondered what that patch was on his shell, if its not to rude to ask.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
saberfire06 said:
I've seen a lot of awesome pics of Walkingrock on the forum and I've always wondered what that patch was on his shell, if its not to rude to ask.

It's a name tag. I believe Put on by the previous owners.

lori12386 said:
Hi,
I was wondering what everyone's outdoor enclosures looked like? I want to start working on mine here soon and i need some ideas. My three have a little 4ft round one right now they go out and play in. I plan on making a large one here soon though. I would love to see pictures!!!

There are lots of pics in the enclosure thread. You should be able to find outdoor ones there.

Zamric said:
Heres a good one of WalkingRocks enclosure. Its a little High maintenance, but I dont mind;)

IMG_0669.jpg

Love seeing Walking Rock. Handsome as ever.

Also, lots of people use landscaping timbers, brick pavers, or cinder block.

morloch

5 Year Member
Hello Wellington!! How old is walking rock? I'm sure I've read it somewhere before, but have forgotten.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
lori12386 said:
Cool, what is the barrier?

That Barrier is a Raised garden where my Leopards live... when they go outside.

saberfire06 said:

Not rude at all, I get that question ALOT! It is a Dogtag stuck on with a 2part, Heavy Duty Epoxy.... and I put it on myself after he excaped for the second time out of the back yard.

wellington said:
Zamric said:

IMG_0669.jpg

Love seeing Walking Rock. Handsome as ever.

Thanks!:cool:

morloch said:
Hello Wellington!! How old is walking rock? I'm sure I've read it somewhere before, but have forgotten.

WalkingRock will be 13 this year.... I belive his Hatch date is June 12, 2000. Cathie knows for sure, she got him when he was 2 days old.

morloch

5 Year Member
Sorry zamric!!! I had a little mix- up there!! Your walking rock is beautiful!! Can you take a close up of his face ??!!,,, pleeeease !

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
morloch said:
Sorry zamric!!! I had a little mix- up there!! Your walking rock is beautiful!! Can you take a close up of his face ??!!,,, pleeeease !
:) here you go!

DSCN1575.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Zamric said:
morloch said:

DSCN1575.jpg

Zamric, sorry I got the part about who put the name tag on Rock wrong. However, there is a post where he (Walking Rock) is mistaken for being mine. So, send him back home to me anytime:p :D LOL. Love his close up:)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
wellington said:
Zamric said:
morloch said:

DSCN1575.jpg

Zamric, sorry I got the part about who put the name tag on Rock wrong. However, there is a post where he (Walking Rock) is mistaken for being mine. So, send him back home to me anytime:p :D LOL. Love his close up:)

I'll pack his bags and point him your direction.... he should be there soon....:D

morloch

5 Year Member
Thank you!! He is absolutely beautiful!! You must love him!!!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
At one pound they push over small plants. At 110lbs, they live under the ones they CANT stump down!
DSCN1651.jpg

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
I just moved, so my enclosures are still very boring, and I don't want to post pictures until they are planted and pretty :). I need to get to it, but unfortunately while renovating a 5500 sq. ft. house...There just isn't enough time in the day right now.
The basic build, however, is very simply. Its reliable, easy, and something I've always used. I use 12 or 16 foot rough-cut (rough-cut is cheaper) 1x6 cattle pressure-treated cattle boards. For example, the red foot pen is 30x15. 4x4 posts at the corners, and more 4x4 posts every 6 feet. The boards are attached to this, but one row is put completely underground, so there is a 6-inch underground barrier, and then 3 boards off the ground from there (18 inches). Also, the boards are staggered for further strength. The whole build is very simple, reliable, and extremely sturdy.
102_1381.jpg
Here is an enclosure I used many, many years ago, when I lived in Miami and only had a couple red foots. There were cherry heads on one side of the divider, and only one pair of red foots on the other. This was recently after it was built, so it wasn't landscaped much yet. I always try to add as many hibiscus as possible for shade. The cage in the background is an iguana cage, as you can see from the bright green lizard on the stick :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.