Outdated.....dumpster food

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
We have been putting in one heck of a week at my house as we ready it for sale...maybe. My grandson has been coming....we cleaned out the "Room that was destined to keep me from ever moving" ...according to all 3 of my kids! LOL We banged it! He got the shed today while I sorted stuff and we got around 1/2 of the garage done. Kerry has been on Injured Reserve due to being Superwoman so she's refinishing my 1963 Pecan dining room set to White. in the living room on the custom rugs I bought in 19....enough said...they will go in the dumpster when she is finished but they make great floor protectors(hardwood) for their last mission!

With my grandson here, I haven't made one trip to the dumpster.....so, if you think about it ....he has thrown away ALL my stuff! LMAO

We got too many tools and these are outdated tech....the little 10" saw is a Montgomery Ward!!! LOL

The big piece is the underbelly cover for my little car....not tossing it!

20240405_154131.jpg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It's a rule that I made for myself:
If I find something I forgot that I owned, I toss it in the trash, sell it, or give it away.
But last time I had a giveaway, I placed a bunch of cool stuff on a table by the street. It quickly disappeared along with my table.

Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's a rule that I made for myself:
If I find something I forgot that I owned, I toss it in the trash, sell it, or give it away.
But last time I had a giveaway, I placed a bunch of cool stuff on a table by the street. It quickly disappeared along with my table.
Did you mean for the table to go?

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Normally in past times I would have lay it all out on the lawn.....but I don't have an interest in making things easier for others.....this is about getting things done.

I have found several troves of Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. I found one box of frilly things/toys that I didn't recognize. It was in the basement where my daughter lived...what if it was my daughter's stuff and not an old GF's? I tossed it out not wanting THAT conversation... LOL
I also found all the cards that Kerry gave me when we met in 2012 so that was fun showing her.

My keep/toss rule is "eBay says over 100 bucks".
I am tossing a lot of stuff. I have a gauge for testing Backflow devices for plumbing. I was going to toss it till eBay said a used 1 sells for 600-700 bucks!

The very best part has been spending so much time with grandson. His mom is concerned with his lack of progress....at 20 yrs old. Naw, he's just fine...just clueless like we all were. It's obvious that he appreciates being with someone who doesn't judge him and in only 3 days, he is "seeking to please" with his work. That's huge.

He is tiny....Russel Silvers syndrome at birth and he's feeling at a diadvantage....but I explained to him. "Adults compete with their skill sets and smarts, not physical size"
"The playing field for you just became level!"

Last edited:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Something that would probably interest you, Jeff.
I found a brand new transmission for a Kawasaki W-1. I remember a friend of mine that worked at Bird Road Kawasaki in Miami gave it to me in about 1980.
I've never found anyone that needed one.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Rick Brett ("yes, that Rick) bought a W-1 Police version at Mid Ohio one year and we all got it running....he is the only person on the planet that owns one.

He also has "Barney", a REALLY rusty 69 H1 that I found in the swapmeet and he bought. Dang if we didn't get it running at the show too!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
My son took the weedwacker after I spent a few minutes making it run again. Kerry's son brought his F350 and the boys and I oaded the house-generator and more heavy bins of cylinders and heads. His GF picked him up so we'll finish loading it before taking my grandson to the Nook to unload.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
@jeff kushner
What absolutely true and great advice to give your grandson. I must say it was an emotional kicker in the head for me. I've been told my whole life "You can't do that" "You'll never be able to do that", I spend EVERYDAY proving that wrong.
Please tell your grandson "There's a crazy as hell Redneck in California that got your back"
And of course if your ever in my neighborhood stop by for a sunrise/sunset.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
@jeff kushner
What absolutely true and great advice to give your grandson. I must say it was an emotional kicker in the head for me. I've been told my whole life "You can't do that" "You'll never be able to do that", I spend EVERYDAY proving that wrong.
Please tell your grandson "There's a crazy as hell Redneck in California that got your back"
And of course if your ever in my neighborhood stop by for a sunrise/sunset.
This crazy as hell Redneck is living in Oregon now, not California...lol I am well experienced at "you are not good enuf to do that" I was a female long distance truck driver in a time when there were almost no female drivers in a testosterone loaded field...
272947924_1140228780134661_5771071410078967101_n.jpg

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
That's a fine looking girl...who is it Mags?

The dumpster is full-full....they pick it up on Friday. I got it for 3 weeks but lost a w/e in Florida.

A monumental task...not just the work to throw it out.....but that black & yellow vac still works fine, and the silver curtain rod was fine too, so were the weights and the weight bench and the radio controlled planes in the corner still worked(last used in the 80's)....see? This was huge for me.......

20240410_184502.jpg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Rick Brett ("yes, that Rick) bought a W-1 Police version at Mid Ohio one year and we all got it running....he is the only person on the planet that owns one.

He also has "Barney", a REALLY rusty 69 H1 that I found in the swapmeet and he bought. Dang if we didn't get it running at the show too!
Kawasaki are really very well made. And the Mitsubishi electrics of the day were top notch.
(Not that Kawasaki made the W-1 or 2)