Ordering Food

rpm23

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Where can I order various fresh veggies, weeds, etc for my Hermann's Tortoise? My local grocery stores do not carry hardly anything. I'd like a varied diet for him. He's still very young.
What foods does your Hermann's enjoy?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
@Kapidolo Farms sells a lot of dried weeds and flowers, etc, that could help improve a so so diet.
Also look for any of the online places that delivers. I can't think of the names of them, but there is one that sells "ugly" veggies that are not good enough for stores cuz of their appearance but is just as good.

Reactions: Ink

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Where can I order various fresh veggies, weeds, etc for my Hermann's Tortoise? My local grocery stores do not carry hardly anything. I'd like a varied diet for him. He's still very young.
What foods does your Hermann's enjoy?
I have a few Herman's and mine are mostly fed weeds from my yard. If you have access to an untreated area that would be nice. Mine don't care for grasses but they love the weeds. And opuntia cactus cut into small stripes, and later in the summer the cactus fruit. If you can find mulberry leaves they like them also.