On Facebook - Operation Save Lucky

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
This is about the worst-looking little sulcata I've ever seen. I think the story is that the owners were trying to sell him on craigslist for a couple hundred bucks. Some people involved in animal abuse saw the pictures and the tracked down the owners and got the tortoise.

This animal doesn't look like this from poor care only. There has to be more to it than that...like maybe a band tied around his shell as he was growing or something. I wish I knew the story.

https://www.facebook.com/operationsavelucky/timeline

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
Poor tortie! It looks like he was sat upon. :/

It looks like he has a good home now though at least. :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
(My laptop is being used at home, so I only get one bar of 3g which barely lets me be in here. I can't open the picture so keep that in mind...)

Is this the tortoise I really wanted to adopt, but they wouldn't come down in price? I even had a member in here lined up to get him and keep him until Jeff came by. Is he in a permanent home or would they be open to him being adopted? Anybody know?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Yes that shape is pretty hard to get from poor care, I imagine it was in to small of a cage, when it was younger. But despite the bad shell, MB?D is assured, he seems I don't know happy maybe. I t would have been nice if they had treated him better.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
WOW, poor guy. I am thankful that the video shows him walking good!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I thought I had seen that one before on here. That is one of the saddest things I have seen. It is so sad that someone could let a tort grow like that. I only hope it wasn't abuse and a birth defect. To hard thinking someone could really do that even though I know there are a bunch of ***holes out there. Sure hope he has a great life now. It looks like it,

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
If he is the one I was trying to get in Phoenix, then the gentleman said he had found the tortoise walking along the road a month before he put out the ad.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It IS in Arizona, but I don't remember seeing the referral Nick put up, so I don't know if it's the same tortoise or not.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yes that's the thread, but the picture is gone.

Alaskamike

South Florida
Saw a 75lb sully on CL recently with a horrid shell. Obvious MBD ... Owner said raised from baby. They wanted $500 for him. Even stated " in great condition".
I suspect these are sometimes finds that someone thinks they can make $ on. Who knows.
There was another that was female( they said) " ready to breed" at only 6 lbs and badly pyramided. They ' only' wanted $700 for that one.
There is no end to folks ignorance and greed.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Oh My Lord ! ! ! ! ! !

How people can do such thing?? Then........Only people can do such thing. I'm glad he is rescued.