OMG!!!!!!!

ILoveTortoises2

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mansfield, Ma
She JUST arrived... I know usually they are here between 9:30-9:45am but they got here at 10:15am So I have her in a sock she was UPSIDE down when I opened the box up and the container she was in. Poor thing. :(
I don't know how long she was like that either. But she is in a nice warm soak now. She is in GREAT hands now :D
I'm getting my cell phone ready to take phones. I would use my camera IF my 2 year old didn't break it a few weeks ago LOL... That is ok I'll be getting another one very soon :) Anyways will post photos in a few mins YAY... Oh and by the way she is MORE BEAUTIFUL in person. She is the BEST

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Can't wait to see pictures, and to hear what your husband says when he finds out lol

ILoveTortoises2

5 Year Member
Mansfield, Ma
Ok so sorry everyone I had to go to the store to go get Peat Moss so I can put some new Peat Moss in the large enclosure.
So even though Sherbert was FLIPPED over (MY POOR LITTLE SHERBERT) She is doing GREAT :)
She took her nice warm soak and even ate out of my hands. :p
I couldn't ask for anything better then this. :D
Here are some quick photos of her. I'll take some more (OF COURSE) but she was scared when she came here because of her being flipped over probably the whole night because Fedex wasn't night with the box. My poor Sherbert. :( BUT she is BETTER hands now. I will take some photos tomorrow. Let her just relax and get a GOOD night sleep then tomorrow I will take more photos for everyone. I will also be making a thread just for my torts so we can all see there progress and watch them grow :)
ISN"T SHE SOOO DARN CUTE????

Sherbert Eating :)

ILoveTortoises2

5 Year Member
Mansfield, Ma
lkwagner said:
Can't wait to see pictures, and to hear what your husband says when he finds out lol

LMBO.... I know right I can't wait either to hear what he says LOL
If he LOVED Lily & Franklin when I didn't tell him he is going to LOVEEEEEE Sherbert. I mean the pictures that Jeff sent me were great but she is SOOOOO much better in person. She is a BEAUTY. I deff made a GREAT purchase and I'm soooo happy with my torts. I MUST say that the 2 torts I have bought from Jeff have been GREAT torts. They came here and I gave them soaks and the BOTH ate and even are VERY active. They are great torts. They love being held they aren't scared of you at all. Sherbert isn't so much scared of me I think it was more of her being flipped all night poor baby. I must say I would deff recommend Jeff to anyone that wants the Redfoots/Cherry Heads he is an amazing tort breeder.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
That is one nice looking tortoise, I'm a huge fan of orange redfoots. I really like the neck colors!

ILoveTortoises2

5 Year Member
Mansfield, Ma
Hubby: OMG YOU GOT ANOTHER TORTOISE KRISTEN?????
Kristen: NOOOO That's Lily. I brought her outside today and she got a tan....
Hubby: No you got another one.....
Kristen: No that is Lily with a tan...
Hubby: Looks at her....... OH WOW SHE IS BEAUTIFUL.... You should call her Sandy because of her color.....

So guess what Sherbert's name has changed to Sandy. He has given all the torts there names. So I atleast have to get him to feel special for naming them lol... :p
So once again I was able to pull it off :D :D :D :D :D :D

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
LOL! That's awesome :) beautiful baby [SMILING FACE WITH HEART-SHAPED EYES]

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Congrats on your new baby!
I am in CT and receiving a star tomorrow morning. So I am a nervous wreck too. Especially after hearing poor Sherbert/Sandy was flipped. Gasp! My main concern is the weather. I was in a T shirt just days ago. Now a cold snap. :-(
Shipper is dbl insulating and two heat packs. I hate the shipping process too. But a necessary evil.
And guess what.... my hubby doesnt know either! LOL I hope he takes it as well as yours did. We usually have a similar scenario as you. He ends up watching them more than I do! He works out of our home whereas I have to leave them each day. :-/

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
3? Weak sauce.

I've now accumulated 7 since may. [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

And I'm suckering...I mean...hiring...other TFO members to help me with fancy winter closed chambers. Am I a saint or a nerd? [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]. Don't answer. My co-workers are planning an intervention. And I work at a veterinary hospital!!! Doh!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Re: RE: OMG!!!!!!!

ILoveTortoises2 said:
Hubby: OMG YOU GOT ANOTHER TORTOISE KRISTEN?????
Kristen: NOOOO That's Lily. I brought her outside today and she got a tan....
Hubby: No you got another one.....
Kristen: No that is Lily with a tan...
Hubby: Looks at her....... OH WOW SHE IS BEAUTIFUL.... You should call her Sandy because of her color.....

So guess what Sherbert's name has changed to Sandy. He has given all the torts there names. So I atleast have to get him to feel special for naming them lol... :p
So once again I was able to pull it off :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm glad to see you ladies doing this to . I just buy my turtles and tortoises and let her find out after there here so she will not shut me down . Ha ha Works every time .:D:angel:

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I have done the same thing with 2 of my radiated, I made payments on them without telling the wife. She ended up being ok with it, she knows its just going to happen. Very beautiful little tort you have, it is funny to see the ladies doing this and not telling their hubbies

ILoveTortoises2

5 Year Member
Mansfield, Ma
LOL... Yup women do it too... :p
I had to do that because I wouldn't hear the end of it BUT if I have the tort in front of him he will melt :)
I'm just glad I'm not the only one that does this. I don't feel so bad LOL

I don't know if I will stop at 3 torts. I guess time will only tell. LOL I got 3 torts since July. So yeah the rate I'm going I'll have my own heard.
I really couldn't say no to Sandy. She is beautiful. So I HAD to do it :D

By the way Thank You everyone :D

leftycrane

5 Year Member
Ive figured out, my husband is a sucker for my puppy dog eyes. I now have 2 tortoises and I was told I could only have one ha! Well the last expo we were at, I saw one and fell in love, so I turned to him, blinked a few times and he goes "oh just go ahead, you know you're going to anyway" so I bought it. :)