New Tortoises Rose and Remy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
I got my new Redfoot Rose in today and she is a little deformed I think and has too soft of a shell for my liking other than that she is one of my favorites (Rose and Pipa are), I love all my tortoise some just have more spunk than others :)
Here are some pictures
Let me know what you think about the way her shell looks
IMG_5461.jpg

IMG_5460.jpg

IMG_5471.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

IMG_5476.jpg

This is where Rose lives. I am quit proud of the enclosure, has substrate heat cable 100 watts on a Thermostat controller and a 100 watt CHE. I keep the very top layer of cypress mulch dry but underneath it is wet.

IMG_5495.jpg

I got Remy in today from the Fed Ex office :) He is in good shape, nice hard shell and has already eaten today. :) He has two split scutes

IMG_5507.jpg

IMG_5506.jpg

IMG_5503.jpg

IMG_5499.jpg

The end :)

IMG_5488.jpg

IMG_5496.jpg

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Jacob said:
They Look Good, Just Tired Like All Babies :)

Rose loves to hid in her Spider plants and just watch everything that is going on outside her cage. :) She isn't asleep just watching from her spider plant spot. It's cute

jesst

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Is that a large storage bin with the front cut out for roses house? Thats a neat idea

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
jesst said:
Is that a large storage bin with the front cut out for roses house? Thats a neat idea

Yes it is. I took a huge 50 gallon storage container and used a jigsaw to cut out a square and then I bought plexiglass and had it cut to fit. The plexiglass acts as a door so they are stackable too

IMG_5482.jpg

The dimesions are
about 1.5 feet wide and four feet long :)

Status
Not open for further replies.