Location (City and/or State)
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
I thought I would introduce you guys to one of my new members to the family

Oakey Mick Smokey AKA Smokey
011.JPG

I know I shouldnt let him play with cats but I couldnt resist :p
012.JPG

019.JPG

Boy or a Girl? Is it still to young to tell?
017.JPG

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
I dont know Marty, its hard to tell, but I think Smokey is actually Smokette.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just KNEW you wouldn't be able to resist getting another tortoise! I'm guessing male. I love Smokey's eye! So expressive.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Oh he's adorable! Congrats on your new addition!
He's very smooth- must have been very well taken care of ;)

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
marty, did you get a redfoot? if so let me be the first to say congrat!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Pretty good looking little tortoise! I have one that size and she is a doll and fun to watch.

Keep her warm and humid and she will be perfect for you. (She also is big enough that some handling won't hurt her, and she is beyond the danger of hatchling failure.)

She does look a bit dry in the one photo, but I am sure you have fixed that already :) My only other suggestion would be to make sure to give her lots of calcium. The way her scutes kind of point together in the middle of her back can be a sign of MBD.

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
kyryah said:
Pretty good looking little tortoise! I have one that size and she is a doll and fun to watch.

Keep her warm and humid and she will be perfect for you. (She also is big enough that some handling won't hurt her, and she is beyond the danger of hatchling failure.)

She does look a bit dry in the one photo, but I am sure you have fixed that already :) My only other suggestion would be to make sure to give her lots of calcium. The way her scutes kind of point together in the middle of her back can be a sign of MBD.

Yeah I soaked her in Vita Sol for a good 30 minutes and I have her food dusted with calcium. Im hoping its nothing serious.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
It shouldn't be as long as you keep it from getting worse. I have one big girl (about 12") that is worse than that and she is doing fine.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Are they watery and kind of bubbly? If they are, I would give her a soak and spray down the enclosure really good. What are your temperatures? Sometimes being too hot can make their eyes weep too.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Another question - does your water have a lot of chlorine or chloramine in it? (Like to the point you can smell it?) If so, you may need to get a dechlorinator. It can irritate her eyes (kind of like opening your eyes underwater in a pool with chlorine.)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
You have two very cute new tortoises there. :D :p Can you post pics of your setup? Their eyes do water if it's too dry but you humidity seems good enough so it's a little confusing that they're watering. Where did you get the tortoise from? What did you say your temps. are in the enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.