New Tortiose!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlelubber

5 Year Member
I got a new tortoise!!! Her name is Camilla

Here she is!! (I didn't take this pic her old owners did.) She is 1 1/2 years old. (I thought she was 3 but ohh well)

image-2192021251.png

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
Beautiful! She looks very small for 1.5......at least in the picture.

turtlelubber

5 Year Member
Ya.... She is really small, I don't know why though... Maybe she is the runt?? Haha

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
hi, how nice. its those little ones you have to watch out for.'lol' they are tough. shes a cutie.

turtlelubber

5 Year Member
Thx ya she's a little tough, she doesn't look like a redfoot but apparently she is

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, she's not. She (If indeed it is female) is a leopard tortoise...and she's under a year of age.

turtlelubber

5 Year Member
They told me she was a red foot!! I knew she looked wrong… but it was on the Internet sooo guess I looked at it wrong.:( (I am not-so experinced w/ torts)

Thx emysemys for that info!! (Will u give me some websites w/ food and diet stuff on it?? I do NOT know my tort breeds!!)

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
turtlelubber said:
They told me she was a red foot!! I knew she looked wrong… but it was on the Internet sooo guess I looked at it wrong.:( (I am not-so experinced w/ torts)

Thx emysemys for that info!! (Will u give me some websites w/ food and diet stuff on it?? I do NOT know my tort breeds!!)

stay on the forum long enough and you will. i have learned alot from the people here.ps. i still think you tort. a cutie no matter what breed it is.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Congratulations! Each species has its section in this forum, so you can haunt the Leopard section!

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Beautiful leopard you have.
So cute and beautiful markings on shell.
Enjoy your new addition. She will get much larger than a red foot by the way.
Lots of great info on leopards on the species specific areas of forum
Thanks for posting and ask away with any questions-lots of leopard keepers on here

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Everything you'll need to know can be found right here on the forum. Leopard care sheets are similar to sulcatas care, and since it's still a baby, you'll need to keep him/her warm and humid. Best wishes on your new baby leo.

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Yep you have a nice Leopard there. And a little correction, they are not breeds but rather species. Also, from the looks of it she/he can't be more than maybe 6 months but you can never tell really.

And typically people refrain from calling out sellers and breeders to avoid giving them a bad wrap but I for one would love to know who sold you this "redfoot" because i'll definitely avoid them in the future and suggest others do the same. That's really poor business practice and I don't condone that at all.

Oh and as far as info goes, please go to the Leopard section of this forum and read everything you can. If you have ANY questions, please ask them. No question is too dumb, remember, you're very new to this and some things that would be obvious to an experienced keeper may not be something you would consider so ask away and I promise you will be guided in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.