New enclosure, greenhouse style. Thoughts?

Equivix

Hey guys!

I'll be getting my first Hermanns Hatchling in a couple of weeks. I've been building his enclosure bit by bit and think I've finally got it done! Criticism welcome! A lot of this was inspired by the very creative posters here :)

It's 5x2x1, planted. Substrate is simple top soil (NO sand ;)), I've mixed in some weed seeds (clover, dandelion, plantain, etc) to grow in over the next few weeks.

One side has an MVB on a 12h timer, basking spot at around 92-95. the other side has a CHE on thermostat 24/7 to keep ambient at a minium of 80f. I was considering putting both on the same side but was concerned the opposite side would get too chilly.
The flurescent fixture has one regular daylight bulb and one reptisun 10.0 UV bulb just to be safe. On a 12 hour timer.

2 shallow water dishes, two terra cotta pot hides and one humid hide with sphagnum moss. Thermometers and hygrometer throughout. I have a temp gun to check basking spot.

Pics on their way!

Last edited:

Equivix

Thank you :) Hope he/she likes it!
Being in Canada means lots of indoor time, might as well provide the best I can!

Careym13

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Virginia
It looks really nice! Was that a greenhouse kit or did you build the base yourself?