New Girl with a new Tortimus

ASOBlueRose

Hello everyone!

So I've actually been lurking around on here for quite some time before I even got my Tortoise to answer some questions that I couldn't google. Anyway, recently my mother and I (after quite a bit of research and planning) bought a six month old East Hermann's tortoise who I lovingly named Dante. He's not my first pet, I have kept a Beta fish called Hanzo for a long time, and I also live with two dogs that belong to my parents (although I can assure you they are not allowed anywhere near Dante).

So I just finally decided to bite the bullet and join!

ASOBlueRose

Yes well, because of Dante that means my family has actually kept every single kind of animal you can really have as a pet. Fish, Dogs, Cats, Birds, Insects, Ginea Pigs, Rabbits, Horses, Hamsters... Dante is the first Reptile :D

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Yes well, because of Dante that means my family has actually kept every single kind of animal you can really have as a pet. Fish, Dogs, Cats, Birds, Insects, Ginea Pigs, Rabbits, Horses, Hamsters... Dante is the first Reptile :D
I've had a lot of different types of pets too but no insects or horses! But we did have pigs, frogs, toads, and lizards. The tortoise outlived them all.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. There are many of us that join you in owning a zoo. Animal people usually seem to own a small zoo at some point.
Glad you decided to join in.

ASOBlueRose

Hello and Welcome. There are many of us that join you in owning a zoo. Animal people usually seem to own a small zoo at some point.
Glad you decided to join in.
Might as well be a zoo lol We also keep bird feeders in the back since we're the only people that actually seem to not be trying to kill the wildlife around here, I live in kind of a rural part of America, but my mother and I are from across the pond in jolly old England. Knew somebody who had a tortoise there too, can't remember the breed but they were absolutely huge, she was called Teetee.

ASOBlueRose

Tortoises rule....no hair; no feathers; and best of all; no vocal cords......(guess you can tell I have a german shepherd; and a cockatoo) Welcome.
I think I read an article somewhere saying that tortoises are the perfect pet because of all those reasons you listed lol