My new best friend, Lincoln.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JednLink

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
Hi everyone... I just got my new sulcata yesterday and I love him. I have him in an open top pen with a 50/30/20 topsoil/coco coir/play sand substrate. Temps register 98 in his hotspot and 72 in his cool zone with 55% humidity. I've started weaning off of commercial tortoise food with small amounts of grass hay, rose petal and hibiscus leaves. He's doin great until his table is finished. Is there any more helpful tips for hatchlings?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello. Read the threads at the bottom of my post. All of them are great info for raising a smooth healthy sulcata.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi JednLink:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Am I correct in assuming that if your tortoise's name is Jed, your name is LINK?

May we know appx. where in the world you are?

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcome to the Forum!

emysemys said:
Am I correct in assuming that if your tortoise's name is Jed, your name is LINK?

Naaa, his Tortoise name is Lincoln (aka. LINK) and he is Jed... I think

BTW

Sulcatas ROCK!

JednLink

5 Year Member
Indiana
Yes... My name is Jedadia and my tort's name is Lincoln. We're located in beautiful Indiana. Thanks for the warm welcomes!

JednLink

5 Year Member
Indiana
I read the attached threads but I still have a question? What is the best way to feed a young hatchling?.. Just put the food in his pen and monitor consumption and assume he is eating or actually separate him with his food until he eats? Any tips are appreciated! Thanks!

tortle

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
JednLink said:
I read the attached threads but I still have a question? What is the best way to feed a young hatchling?.. Just put the food in his pen and monitor consumption and assume he is eating or actually separate him with his food until he eats? Any tips are appreciated! Thanks!

I just put a bowl type thing in his enclosure and put the food in there so that they don't eat the substrate along with the food. Is that what you were asking...? lol

JednLink

5 Year Member
Indiana
tortle said:
I just put a bowl type thing in his enclosure and put the food in there so that they don't eat the substrate along with the food. Is that what you were asking...? lol

Yea.. I fed him today with some clover, grass, and dandelion amd I actually witnessed him eating. He seems to be adjusting just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.