My Indian star :)

Linhdan Nguyen

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Darwin does sound cute !
Im no expert. BUT i think he has a very small bit of pyramiding so he's probably thirsty. I wish my russians would drink and self soak. they always get very close to the water dish and it makes them look like theyre thinking about it, but then they walk away. I'm thinking maybe its because the dish is a black plastic saucer so it might look deep to them? I want to change it to the regular terra cotta saucer and see if anything changes.

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Darwin does sound cute !
Im no expert. BUT i think he has a very small bit of pyramiding so he's probably thirsty. I wish my russians would drink and self soak. they always get very close to the water dish and it makes them look like theyre thinking about it, but then they walk away. I'm thinking maybe its because the dish is a black plastic saucer so it might look deep to them? I want to change it to the regular terra cotta saucer and see if anything changes.
He gets right in and takes long drinks. I have been soaking him and he also drinks in the bath. He was also drinking at the shop when I went to get him.

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
I have had no luck trying to get Darwin to eat :(
He has had a little bit of food yesterday but only a few mouthfuls.

Kori5

I have had no luck trying to get Darwin to eat :(
He has had a little bit of food yesterday but only a few mouthfuls.
Don't worry sweatheart. Everything is new to him and he is stressed. After all, he is only a baby :). Maybe try some mazuri on the greens? If he was fed only a few items, you need to be patient and learn him to eat new things. Could you get some clover for him or maybe raddichio? Those are Kori's favorite.

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Hmmm... His eye looks a little odd. Maybe it's because he's just woken up. I will wait till I'm home from school and if it's still weird I'll take a pic.

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Well he's been out all day (school shut because of a power cut. YAY) he took a couple of bites of food and pooped. I got some cress and put it in but he just ignores it. He has had a soak and for the first time, I saw him over the other side of the tank!

...I'm not sure if he's stuck, he has climbed onto the plastic pot (which is slippery for him) so I'm going to leave him for a while and if he doesn't move then I'll move him.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1467202021.663824.jpg

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Still nameless :eek:
I really don't know what to name it. I originally thought about a name beginning with 's' so that it would go with Spud. Now I'm thinking maybe something to do with stars as he's an Indian star. Maybe something like Comet? I really don't know
Stud. ;).