Central Texas, Austin area

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I put a layer of small pebbles in the bottom of the waterer.

Rue

Canada
Just pick out the bigger stones that are in your gravel...you won't need many...

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Still nameless :eek:
I really don't know what to name it. I originally thought about a name beginning with 's' so that it would go with Spud. Now I'm thinking maybe something to do with stars as he's an Indian star. Maybe something like Comet? I really don't know

Rue

Canada
Still nameless :eek:
I really don't know what to name it. I originally thought about a name beginning with 's' so that it would go with Spud. Now I'm thinking maybe something to do with stars as he's an Indian star. Maybe something like Comet? I really don't know

Maybe you need to start a potato theme?

Yam?

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Humidity is at 79%.
I still need to get some more moss- think I might get frog moss as it looks really nice. I will also add more hides. He is under his log sleeping with nice damp moss all around him :)
Look for frog moss, mood moss or carpet moss. Some hobby craft stores sell those just dried up without any preservatives or dyes. Here in US those are much cheeper then ones sold at pet stores

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
Humidity is at 79%.
I still need to get some more moss- think I might get frog moss as it looks really nice. I will also add more hides. He is under his log sleeping with nice damp moss all around him :)

Humidity is fine. Is that inside the humid hide? During the day?

I ask because at night when lights go out and temps drop a bit the humidity will rise. For an Indian I like to keep it between 60-80%. It will vary depending on the time of the year.