My first to hatch ever

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
image.jpeg image.jpeg worst time it could happen and didn't look like I was going to get anything from the first clutch, but here it is, so cute and tiny. Soaked, drank and now wondering it's new home. I just checked them last night, but yolk sac is gone, so either hatched early last night after my check it had very small yolk sac. The exit of the egg is interesting I think.image.jpeg
@Neal Lucy baby number one

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
So, I'm an F2 breeder now? Do I get an award?

Neat looking hatchling! Looks nothing like Lucy's siblings or any of my other hatchlings. Do you have a good picture of your male?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Haha which male? Lillie is looking more and more male. I will include a pic of both. First and last picture is of my confirmed male. The second is of the in question male/femaleimage.pngimage.jpeg image.png

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yeah! Congratulations! It is amazing to see them so tiny isn't it. Very happy for you.
Thank you and OMG, so tiny it's unbelievable. We thought Tatum our first leopard was tiny when we got him, about golf ball size. Next to a hatchling, he would have looked like a giant. I must say, whelping puppies, even ones that needed a helping hand was much easier and less nerve racking and I really didn't have to do anything for this one to hatch out :confused::D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thank you everyone. I am so excited about having a hatchling of my own hatch and starting them out right. 18 more cooking, will be a busy winter.

Allison Gray

5 Year Member
Phoenix area of Arizona
Congratulations on your first hatchling! I have a 6 month old little Leopard tortoise, Ginger, photo below. It's amazing how self sufficient they are from day one isn't it? How old are the adults that produced this little guy?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 10

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It is amazing. I get it though. My family don't get it, that they are left to fend for themselves LOL. It so amazes me how small, just too adorable.
My male was 4 in March and the female will be 5 this month. The smallest is indexed, looks female, acts male, but it too was 4 in the spring.

Allison Gray

5 Year Member
Phoenix area of Arizona
It is amazing. I get it though. My family don't get it, that they are left to fend for themselves LOL. It so amazes me how small, just too adorable.
My male was 4 in March and the female will be 5 this month. The smallest is indexed, looks female, acts male, but it too was 4 in the spring.

Wow just four and five years old and already reproducing....amazing considering how long these guys live huh?