Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
Poor buddy :( I'm glad he's ok

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
What the hell is wrong with people..?! He had to go through great lengths to do this, it wasn't like a crime of opportunity (not that I am condoning crime of any nature), but still. Eff'ing psychopath.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I would contact the local news put it in the spot light . Maybe you'll get some justice . You've got a lot of time and money not to mention the love you have for him . For sone punk to get away with it . Let people know what kind of dumb *** he is .

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I agree with Mike 100%. There needs to be some punishment here. Maybe work with punk girl's dad?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sorry but things like this **** me off . I've been pissed off all day thinking about this . I hate people like that . Then they get away with it to do it again and again . I want to stomp a mud hole in that dumb ***!

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
Wow! I can't believe some people are so mean. I see your in Friendswood! I'm your neighbor right here in Webster. I better not catch someone messing with my Sully. I would be on them like a shell on a tortoise!

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
Wow! I can't believe some people are so mean. I see your in Friendswood! I'm your neighbor right here in Webster. I better not catch someone messing with my Sully. I would be on them like a shell on a tortoise!
Haha. I'll have to use that "like a shell on a tortoise" sometime. :)

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
My stomach is sick. I cannot believe the hatefulness that it would take to be able to assault a defenseless tortoise. Another great teaching moment for my kids. Unfortunately it seems that there are more and more of these moments arising all the time. I'm so sorry that you had to experience that and so thankful that you were equipped with cameras.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't know what was thrown on the tortoise, but my spidey sense is telling me the guy had no mean intentions. I'll bet he just wanted to see the tortoise move. And it probably really was only mild and not harmful at all.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I'd share that with local media and fb. I'll share it!

Elohi(Earth)

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
I don't know what was thrown on the tortoise, but my spidey sense is telling me the guy had no mean intentions. I'll bet he just wanted to see the tortoise move. And it probably really was only mild and not harmful at all.

I am praying your spidey senses are correct, Yvonne!

I just do not understand what would possess someone to do go through all that trouble of climbing an 8ft fence instead of simply ringing the doorbell and asking about Buddy?

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I just do not understand what would possess someone to do go through all that trouble of climbing an 8ft fence instead of simply ringing the doorbell and asking about Buddy?

Coming from the older sister of a punk-type teenager, I am jumping to the conclusion that punk boy isn't sincere enough to do so.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
OMG, I am so sorry. It almost brought tears to my eyes. I can't believe how nasty and ugly people can be. I would follow Greg's adice, he used to be a police officer. You have to make sure the police takes this seriously incase there is a next time:(
The S.O.B. Is lucky it wasn't me. He wouldn't see the light of day.
I sure hope there is nothing else, ever.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
Does it make ANY sense that someone would throw sour milk on a tortoise? That is a stupid explaination. There is absolutely no reason that anyone would throw anything on your tort like that unless he wanted to harm it in some way. I can’t believe the police didn’t at least make a formal record of the complaint.

Mini

5 Year Member
Friendswood
The police report was very vague and lame. I plan on following up on this and email them a detailed report! I've attached the final report of page 2... page one only had my name and address and the renters name behind me. The punk kid's name should be on there. I'm not finished with this...

Attachments

• case-140703.png
    case-140703.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 44

Mini

5 Year Member
Friendswood
I would contact the local news put it in the spot light . Maybe you'll get some justice . You've got a lot of time and money not to mention the love you have for him . For sone punk to get away with it . Let people know what kind of dumb *** he is .

I'll see who I can email on one of the tv networks... my video. This is not over.