Moving!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuntdouble

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Santa Cruz, Ca
An moving this Saturday and it is about a 3 hr drive. Good news is the climate will be much more suitable for my guys. 2 questions. Would it be ok to separate the 2? I'm moving before my gf and she is gonna keep Rallo, I want to take Franklin since he requires a little more attention. So if they are apart would they even notice? They like to sleep in the same hideout so I dunno how close they really are. My second question is simply, what is the best way to transport them to be sure I have happy safe torts when we arrive? Thanks a million!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Where are you moving to? When ever I have to drive with Lou, I have him on a towel in the bottom half of a cat carrier. You can cover him up with a dark towel and that should keep him pretty quiet. How big is he? Bring extra towels or puppy pads, car rides = poopies! Good luck with the move! My son is leaving for Texas in the morning!

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
Torts are solitary animals. They'll be fine apart.

I transported a baby snapper with me by car from MI to AZ and back in a plastic lunchbox. I stll have a pic of us at the grand canyon.

M

Maggie Cummings

When I travel with any of mine I put them in a dark cardboard box. Make it dark and quiet so they sleep most of the time. Load the bottom with newspapers for the mess they'll make.

Status
Not open for further replies.