Mazuri - Best/Cheapest/Quickest/Most high quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

October

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Alright Mazuri gurus... where's the best place to buy Mazuri?

Is it something that loses it's potency over time and/or has issues being in the heat during shipping? Or should I just be looking for the best deal price-wise?

Thanks!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I buy from Spikethebest on this forum but he is going by another name right now while he is at flying school I think..

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
I offer Mazuri, Cactus (many different types), and a new tortoise food we call zoological tortoise sticks. CLICK HERE

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
For smaller amounts, Spikethebest is the way to go. If you're looking for a 25lb bag, then I'd get the feed store to order it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you want to buy a 20lb bag, and if your feed store (cattle/horse) sells Purina products, then he can order it for you. Its called:

Mazuri Tortoise Diet

Most feed stores charge right around $20 for the bag.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
emysemys said:
If you want to buy a 20lb bag, and if your feed store (cattle/horse) sells Purina products, then he can order it for you. Its called:

Mazuri Tortoise Diet

Most feed stores charge right around $20 for the bag.

is it made by Purina? The same Purina that makes dog and cat food?

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
I have a feed store locally that just special orders my 25 pound bags. It costs me $27.99 total a bag. I just called around to different feed stores. One I contacted said they couldn't because they'd have to order a pallet, so i just kept calling and I have one here that is happy to order one or more bags that I need. Some feed stores keep it on stock too, as it depends on how much they sell.

Nobody

5 Year Member
Philippines
I get my Mazuri from spikethebest and coastal(Coastal Silkworms)and have them ship the Mazuri here to me in the Philippines.Both of these vendors are highly recommended.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
coastal said:
I offer Mazuri, Cactus (many different types), and a new tortoise food we call zoological tortoise sticks. CLICK HERE

I had never heard of these "red tortoise sticks" until now. The website you referenced above (see Tortoise Sticks) makes it sounds like they are a great new competitor to Mazuri Tortoise Diet. Are tortoise sticks really a good product?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I guess it depends on how many tortoise's you have and how often you plan on feeding it. I get the 25 pound bag from my local feed store because I feed it every day and its cheaper for me, about $26 for the 25 pound bag. We keep ours in a large container that is sold to keep charcoal fresh but it works great for Mazuri...

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Go to your local Tack'n'Feed. If they don't have it in stock...they'll order it and have it for you in less than a week...about $20 - $25 a bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.