Mazuri vs MegaDiet RF?

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
Hey everyone! Long time no see. In short, I may be adopting 2 desert tortoises soon, and have been running into a bit of a problem. I understand they must have lots of native plants and grasses, but while they are growing I will need something to give them. I have narrowed it down to either Mazuri or MegaDiet RF from tortoise group.com. I want to buy the best, but the MegaDiet is quite more expensive, but seems higher quality. Could I maybe mix the two? Im am new to desert tortoises, so just want to make sure I make the best choice!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would mix both into a wide variety diet, using the tort food only once a week or so. They other stuff, grasses, etc, is much better for them.

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
Alright, thought so. About how long would a desert tortoise mix take to grow? Its from a dessert seed store. Ill get a large bag of Mazuri, since everyone can use it. and 2 lbs of the MegaDiet RF. Thank you so much!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I bought some MegaDiet quite a few years ago and I was very disappointed with it. It may be different now, but back then when I opened the bag it smelled very strongly of fruit. Desert tortoises aren't supposed to have fruit. I'm happy with the Mazuri.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Mazuri. as always.