Mark is really skiddish

Hilary burkes

Location (City and/or State)
Grand junction colorado
We have had Mark for 10 months now and in the last week he has started acting really skiddish of us again (like when we fitst got him). He has stopped comming to me for food and urinates when I pick him up (he has never done this). I also noticed that his skin on his neck is pealing.
As far as care goes he has a large pen out side with lots of sun and places to hide, we are going to the green house this weekend to get him some plants to hide in and munch on. He comes in at night and sleeeps in a 50 gallon tank (I now know this is too small and he spends minimal time in there). On cold days when he can not go outside he roams around the house, he has his hining spots and knows where to get food. He gets soaked evrey two to three days, I have tried more often but I think it stresses him out to soak him more often. Also as of late, when he urinates there is a pile of uric acid and a large puddle of water
Sorry for this long post but i am getting concerend and if i need to take him to the vet i want to make sure I have all areas covered
Thank you

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The 50 gallon is fine for nights. Roaming the house floor is not fine and is very dangerous for him and much colder on the floor then in a proper enclosure. If he has a safe outdoor enclosure build a night box for him too sleep in outside. If heat is needed, use a Che on a thermostat. If we are talking about an adult Russian then it doesn't need to be heated unless it drops lower then 60-65 as long as it's warm enough during the day for him to bask in the sun and warm up.
Moving tortoises from one enclosure to another and then to the third, your floor, will set them back a bit as they need to get adjusted to the now new area again.